Fall '05 TV schedule

Discussion in 'Community' started by zelmo, May 31, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

So, what do you think of the new Fall TV schedule?
    Other than Arrested Development, the only programs I try to make time for are Alias and Smallville. Naturally, the programming gods have seen fit to schedule them both for 8.00p on Thursdays this fall. Guess I see a Tivo in my future...

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

cool, great to see what's being carried on.

i generally watch: arrested development, the oc <hey, i'm young :p>, joey, will + grace, and desperate housewives.

now, sorry if this is a silly question, but i'm not entirely sure when the us definition of fall is..when exactly is this schedule likely to come into action?

3. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Fall TV schedule usually kicks in sometime around the beginning of September.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Cool, always good to see another AD fan :) I can't wait to see what happens next!! That was a great season finale.

For me, the only show besides AD that I really look forward to every week is Scrubs. I'm interested to see the direction it'll take in the fall, as supposedly Dr. Reid is moving to another hospital, but will still be an integral part of the show.

Also, I'm wondering when new episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm will be out. Season four ended what, over a year ago??? They got the go-ahead to record more shows some time ago, but I haven't heard when we'll start seeing them.

Oh, and Family Guy...psyched that that's back!!!

5. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

did you think so? i thought it was rather anti-climatic; i was expecting a real cliffhanger, but it just didn't come :(

on a side note, i've uploaded my favourite clip from the whole series 2 - lucille and tobias make me laugh the most.

anyway, here's my favourite arrested development clip! (4.5mb)

6. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Hmmm, got a 404 on that link.

btw, Nigella IS hot. A woman needs to have some curves.

7. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

works now - i was still uploading when i posted :)

i'm glad you like nigella - she's great! :D :cool:

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

haha, "will" is my next-door neighbor.

The only shows that I actually watch on a weekly basis are 24, Family Guy and American Dad.

9. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Well, I guess I was excited to see the whole George Michael / Maeby thing finally play out...you just knew it was going to happen eventually.

You're right, it wasn't very dramatic, but it was really funny. George Sr. and Oscar swapping places in prison, Oscar's hair not growing back because of stress, and the police not being able to identify him because his fingerprints were burned off by the Cornballer...just makes me smile thinking about it :) The way those writers pull everything together on that show is just astounding.

10. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

anyone know when season 2 of arrested development is making it to DVD?

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

12. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

DVD Releases
    Season Two Season Set November, 2005
    Season One Season Set October 19, 2004

:)

13. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I am was pretty much the most excited I have ever been when Fox released their Fall lineup, if AD wouldn't have been picked up my girlfriend and I would be pretty much have been the most upset ever. Really, AD is probably the funniest show I have ever seen, it gets even more and more funny the more I watch it.

I have the first season DVD set, and my girlfriend and I have watched it at least a dozen times, and we still can't get enough of it. I also have all the season 2 episodes tivo'd.

I find that AD is really hit or miss with some people. The humor is a combination of subtle and extreme body gestures and movement and great comic timing, coupled with supurb writing and acting. It seems like some poeple just don't get it, which is sad. AD will definately go down as one of my favorites, if not my favorite show of all time, over the simpsons, and the way that the simpons seems to be driving itself into the ground these days, I'd say AD being my favorite is more and more likely.

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

The "problem" with AD is that it's nowhere NEAR as funny if you haven't been watching all along. There are so many subtle references and callbacks to previous episodes that you must have seen for them to be funny. For example, what I said above about Oscar burning himself on the Cornballer...the Cornballer stuff originated really early on in the first season! It's still funny that he burned his fingers, but it's even funnier when you know that the family has a history of burning themselves on that stupid thing :)

15. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Well they keep showing bits of the history. George Sr being wanted in Mexico for selling the thing there etc...

It bugs me that they pulled Committed on NBC. They keep Will and Grace around even though its gone down the toilet, (never mind it wasn't that good to begin with...)