Fallen Laptops

Discussion in 'Community' started by trebblekicked, Feb 23, 2003.

1. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

Tell your story about a laptop taking a spill here. I had my first last night...here goes.

i was dj'ing a party with a pair of cd changers and my tibook. i had visualizations on the tibook, so a crowd kind of gathered around. i stepped away to get a drink, and five seconds later, i saw my tibook take a five foot nosedive off the cab it was resting on. it hit it's side, the battery popped out and the music, of course, went dead. Here's the funny thing, after one second of freaking out, i thought, "eh, it'll be fine." And indeed it was. i popped the battery back in, started it up (there was a slight delay), and everything ran fine.

So what happened to your laptop?

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

The same but VJing

I lest my VJ display for 30 secunds and when I came back some one spilled his/her drink all over the Pismo. I switch the signal to the other powerbook, unplug this one (still on), turned upside down very fast, got out the club, pull the keyboard out, shaked it (still on) and went to the bar and ask for some napkins and dry up the thing.

The only residual problem is the stiky of the keyboards but when the PB gets hot the keys are loose again.:rolleyes:

That is it.

I droped one of them once but nothing really happen then.

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Re: Fallen Laptops

Sexy and elegant, but built like a rock... My iBook's fallen off a desk a couple times while inside my backpack, still works fine...

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you Steve for the rugged laptop. I wonder if Dell can compete, doubtful!

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

One night we took a pair of IBM 760E's over to the parking garage on campus and threw them off. It's about a 6 story garage.. they hit the bottom with a highly destructive shattering. Keys everywhere, screens bashed in, plastic pieces all over... its one of those things where you're like 'this is going to be so cool.' but when they hit you're just like.. 'oh, now i have to clean that up.' :(

Those things sucked anyways...

6. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

My iBook 500 took a spill off of a desk at school onto a laminate floor. The DVD Drive did not open correctly afterwards (you had to pull it open), but everything else worked. Luckily, MasterCard covered the damage and promptly sent me a check to fix it. :D

7. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Ouch..

I dropped my tiBook once a while back. The hinge on the left side sort of broke and the the casing around the bottom left corner of the laptop split open, makes for an interesting sight.

8. trebblekicked thread starter macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

Re: Ouch..

yeah. i just noticed a little bulge in the underside of the casing. nothing i can't live with. i wonder if applecare covers that repair. (?)

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

before the earthquake near big bear yesterday (southern california), my AluBook and my iBook were both charging, sitting in the upper right corner of one of my desks.
    When i woke up, my iBook was about to fall of my desk-one more inch and it would have. My AluBook didn't even move an inch. Very interesting.
    I have dropped many desktops, laptops and monitors in my life, the most painful one was when i was dragging a *really* heavy power mac up the stairs and one of my friends thought it would be funny if they tripped me and they did, the power mac fell down the stairs and i fell face forward on the power mac-it hurt.
    The computer still worked, but my nose was never the same ;)

10. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

I dont know which would have hurt more, dropping the powermac or hurting yourself......