Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I couldn't help myself - I saw this on Amazon :D

IMG_2071_resized.jpg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Looks like we are getting more DLCs for Fallout4, which is great

Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop & Nuka-World.
Contraptions Workshop will be released in the coming weeks.
Vault-Tec Workshop will be releasing in July 2016!
Nuka-Land coming August 2016.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Whelp, I just finished far harbor, and like Fallout 4's main quest you have options, on which faction to side with and the repercussions that go along with that decision.

For a DLC, it was fairly involved and enjoyable. I got a nice piece of armor to boot :D

Reactions: pat500000 and MRU

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Whelp, I just finished far harbor, and like Fallout 4's main quest you have options, on which faction to side with and the repercussions that go along with that decision.

For a DLC, it was fairly involved and enjoyable. I got a nice piece of armor to boot :D
It would be great if you could do full extensive review in that dlc with pros and cons. Lol

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
It would be great if you could do full extensive review in that dlc with pros and cons. Lol
I didn't want to give any of the details away. True, those details are available on the net, but I didn't want to spoil it here. Suffice to say, you have opportunities to end that DLC under a few different factions like the main game, and depending on which faction, you get a different reward at that end.

Reactions: pat500000

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
im in a quandary.

ive been playng the game for ages on my 2011 imac, with the graphics all the way down and the smallest resolution. and it plays fine, but a bit slow in gunfights and it often crashes. basically id say when you quick travel or walk out of a house, you have a 1 in 10 chance of crashing.

ive played the main game to the end with 2 factions, and finished all the main bits of all dlc except nukaworld. but i keep being tempted to buy it on PS4 which ive only recently got.

how much better will it be on ps4 than the lowest settings on windows?

how long do people think it will be before theres a 'game of the year' edition? as at the minute id need to buy the game, 50 quid, but its been reduced to 30 at times, plus the season pass which is another 40 quid.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
im in a quandary.

ive been playng the game for ages on my 2011 imac, with the graphics all the way down and the smallest resolution. and it plays fine, but a bit slow in gunfights and it often crashes. basically id say when you quick travel or walk out of a house, you have a 1 in 10 chance of crashing.

ive played the main game to the end with 2 factions, and finished all the main bits of all dlc except nukaworld. but i keep being tempted to buy it on PS4 which ive only recently got.

how long do people think it will be before theres a 'game of the year' edition? as at the minute id need to buy the game, 50 quid, but its been reduced to 30 at times, plus the season pass which is another 40 quid.

I have it for PC and PS4, I'll be honest, the PS4 version is perfectly playable and serviceable. It's not hi-res with ultra settings, but it's stable and looks pretty decent.

Also, looks like Sony and Bethesda reached an agreement, and we will in fact be seeing mods for FO4 and Skyrim remastered for the PS4.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Also, looks like Sony and Bethesda reached an agreement, and we will in fact be seeing mods for FO4 and Skyrim remastered for the PS4.
Nice, I didn't know that, I'm very happy about that.

I can't comment on the PC, but I've been very happy with it on the PS4. I was playing Fallout 3: New Vegas on my iMac and I felt the controls were a bit clunky, but when using the controller on the PS3 (I got it for the PS3 thanks to a deal), and feel its more playable that way. My point, is I find I can enjoy the game more because I can relax in my recliner in front of the TV, but also because of the controller vs. keyboard - just my $.02

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I just started Nuka World and it seems incredibly rich. I don't know how indepth or large this DLC is, but I lost myself in the game for a few hours.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'm probably wrapping up Nuka World shortly, though I have a number of those side quests needing to finish. I had to choose whether to be a raider, or not (not wanting to say any more in as I don't want to spoil it). This may be the last major DLC for fallout 4, but as with the other DLCs, I'm very impressed and its really extended the game and made it very enjoyable.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I've largely finished up NukaWorld and while there's a couple of side quests available, I've thoroughly enjoyed this DLC.

One odd thing I noticed a while back, is Bethesda's penchent for rewarding you for finishing the DLC, in this case, you can only power on Nuka World at the end, there' also a side quest that cannot be fully completed until the power is restored. Once that side quest is done, you get a nifty power armor, it looks great but now that the DLC is virtually done, I have little use for the power armor.

The other DLCs did the same, though finishing Far Harbor gave me some armor (non-power) that I've been using fairly consistently.

I have over 100 fusion cores in my inventory, so I'll probably use the power suit more often then not at this stage.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I've largely finished up NukaWorld and while there's a couple of side quests available, I've thoroughly enjoyed this DLC.

One odd thing I noticed a while back, is Bethesda's penchent for rewarding you for finishing the DLC, in this case, you can only power on Nuka World at the end, there' also a side quest that cannot be fully completed until the power is restored. Once that side quest is done, you get a nifty power armor, it looks great but now that the DLC is virtually done, I have little use for the power armor.

The other DLCs did the same, though finishing Far Harbor gave me some armor (non-power) that I've been using fairly consistently.

I have over 100 fusion cores in my inventory, so I'll probably use the power suit more often then not at this stage.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. I'm actually doing a new play through that focuses on Luck/Charisma/Agility, and no power armor.

Kinda curious how many fusion cores I'm going to have by the end.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Yeah, I've noticed the same. I'm actually doing a new play through that focuses on Luck/Charisma/Agility, and no power armor.

Kinda curious how many fusion cores I'm going to have by the end.
I'm tempted to do another play through, its such an immersive game.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
We're most likely getting a new Elder Scrolls before we see another Fallout.

There were rumors that Elder Scrolls VI was going to be announced this year, but got delayed, which is why we got the remastered Skyrim.
When the Elder Scrolls VI comes out, I am going to enter an unhealthy of amount of seclusion. I may never emerge to see the real world again. :p

It already happened badly enough with Skyrim, but I know ES VI will be even worse.

Are you guys playing on PC or console?
[doublepost=1477079375][/doublepost]
Rumor is Bethesda is in production on Fall Out 5.
I don't doubt it. Fallout 4 pre-production started before Skyrim was even out. Crazy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.