Fallout one: nowhere to be seen

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mindfield, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Mindfield macrumors member

I haven't played games much before and only recently did I get excited of old school role-playing games. Many have recommended Fallout 1 & 2, but finding Fallout 1 has become next to impossible. Sure they still sell Fallout 2 everywhere even for the Mac or PC, but Fallout 1 for the Mac. Did it even exist at some point? :confused:

Oh wait, I did find a copy at US Amazon, but guess what? They don't sell outside the US! Damn :(

No one knows someone, who could let their copy of Fallout 1 go?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Note: A post here has been removed. A member was offering a copy of the software because it is hard to find, but commercial software, even if no longer sold, cannot be distributed through these forums when (presumably) the rights still belong to a copyright holder or original publisher.

If this is not the case for Fallout, perhaps somebody can provide evidence of that.

3. Mindfield thread starter macrumors member

While I do agree that games should be bought, because they are usually sold somewhere, except that all copies are being sold only in the US. For example, I found this bid at eBay, but they're only shipping to the US. I'd even pay for the shipping costs, but I think since the bid states US only, well, I can't do much about it, can I?

There would've also been a pretty sweet deal on Baldur's Gate II: The Shadows of Amn and its expansion pack...shipping to US only :(

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Got any personal friends in the U.S. who could buy it for you?

5. Mindfield thread starter macrumors member

Maybe, but last time I asked one to purchase something, he didn't feel like wanting to go through the trouble.

6. KREX725 macrumors regular

I've sold a ton of stuff on Ebay and usually mark "US Only" to avoid any hassles. If the seller really wants to get rid of it they might be willing to work with you. Maybe you could try e-mailing the seller and asking if they'd make an exception. It can't hurt!

Good luck!

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Wow...it wasn't really all that long ago when Fallout 1/Fallout 2 bundles were fairly commonplace. I bought mine maybe a year ago. Unfortunately, MacPlay is pretty much dead now. The thing to watch out for is that Fallout 1 had two versions...a OS 9 version and an OS X version. The OS 9 version doesn't really work in Classic, or at least the demo doesn't, and they really are two different versions...not possible to download a patch as far as I'm aware. So obviously you'd want to be sure of getting the OS X version.

--Eric