Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
I'm getting false updates in the App Store. Just started happening about half hour ago. Apps are showing as updates even though I have that version installed.

It's happening on both iPad and iPhone leading me to believe it's a problem on Apple's end.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm in the UK.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Glad to see it's not just on my end then. Have you tired actually updating them?
Yes, they are the same version as was there prior. No idea if maybe the devs rebuilt their apps with all this XCode stuff going on, or if the app store is just jacked up. Showed updates on both the device and directly in iTunes for the same apps.

solly

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Happening here as well, 10 updates at least with same version as one installed!! Strange...

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
Yes, they are the same version as was there prior. No idea if maybe the devs rebuilt their apps with all this XCode stuff going on, or if the app store is just jacked up. Showed updates on both the device and directly in iTunes for the same apps.

Yeah, I was trying to update them before I realised that too many were popping up for this to be normal.

I've got one which just hangs and fails too.

etm0001

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2015
Same for me, 19 apps shown as having updates which is incorrect. As a test I selected to update one app. The "Update" icon changed to the familiar download progress/stop indicator, then immediately reverted back to the "Update" icon.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I've been having this issue since yesterday morning. It's pretty messed up. I had an update for AOL and it wasn't even on that device.

Last edited:

solly

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Maybe related to all those iOS updates rolling out now! Let's wait and see...

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
could this be xcode ghost? apple just pushing out new updates just in case.

all the dates are in the past

Salvor Hardin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I've notice this happen before over the years it's pretty rare. If the updates were actually new they wouldn't have a posted date of days or even a week ago.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
only had this happen on two of my apps.. facebook and the weather channel. hopefully that is it. kinda annoying.

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
It happened with all of the apps that are Split View supported on my iPad Air 2. (plus Facebook)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.