fame or american junior idol?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jul 23, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am not too enthralled with american juniors even though the singers are all pretty good

i do like the show fame and like i expected, harlem lee won the whole competition

i wonder if harlem lee will have the same type of success that kelly clarkson of the first season's american idol has enjoyed? harlem has a very unusual look to him being asian, very short, bald, and 37 years old so anything in terms of pop star fame that he achieves will be new territory

when his album/cd comes out, i will be the first to buy it

i did get the american idol runner up's cd single (clay aiken) for my mom...i was a ruben studdard fan myself:D

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

None, all shows that have people rated by other people suck.

Telling a little kid they dont have what it takes to be a mini-pop diva is something that I don't like.

It RUINS childhood.

3. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I wasn't a huge fan of either one of those shows...the original Fame movie musical was shot partially in my middle school though. that was our cafeteria they were singing and dancing in!

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Neither. Poke my eardrum with a screwdriver. Make them "pay their dues". Force them.

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

The "winners" of these two shows will have a much harder time than the winners (and runners-up) of American Idol, because far fewer people watched Juniors and Fame.

6. Macpoops macrumors 6502

All these damn reality TV shows need to die along with all the Network execs that OK the mindless reality TV crap. I wonder how long it will be until some new creative stuff appear on TV instead of All this damn reality Survivor-esc crap

7. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Unfortunately, TV isn't about being creative, it's about selling commercial time. On the other hand, HBO is a network that caters to viewers (subscribers), not advertisers. Because of that, they're willing to be more creative and go out of their way to be different from network TV.

8. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

whats up jef! there are a lot of new cats on macrumors now. looks like all the old cats are gone... are they? are you the only one left? bring back the sun!

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I concur

10. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

besides the god's, only kainjow, who came in a month before me, is around...and he doesn't post much:p

11. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

bring back the sun jefdog! ;) ;)

12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Este vato...piensa que no hay ninguno de los "viejos" aquí...:rolleyes: