Family Guy could Return!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMacMan, Nov 19, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

easily one of the funniest shows on tv. definitely the one with most laughs per episode... great show.

there have been rumors of this for some time. i wish the timeframe wasn't a year away, but for 35 new episodes, it would be worth the wait.

the problem with the show is that it was ahead of it's time, audiences weren't ready for it. but ever since, tv comedy has been emulating it. so it has really taken off...

pnw

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

that baby is an awesome character...I hope they put it back on.

4. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Stewie is the best.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

6. leet1 macrumors 6502

I couldn't believe it got canceled, it was awsome :cool:

7. coopdog macrumors 6502a

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

they kept moving it around, it was hard to follow

i relaly hope they bring it back maybe even sooner than jan 2005

9. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Indeed that and Futurama they moved around like every frikken week.

It was so hard to follow Fox's Logic.

'Hey lets keep the Audience Constantly off Balance and not Advertise the Time Changes!'

:confused:

Family Guy is great, I hope it comes back.

10. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I hope they do bring it back, i've seen every episode more times than i can count, and i need MORE

11. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Didn't they take it off the air a couple of times before finally axing it? I loved it...especially the episodes with Death.

12. g808 macrumors regular

This would be awsome! It did poorly because they would put it up against huge shows like "Friends". I guess that's why people were so disappointed a shocked why they pulled it because of poor ratings.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Even here in NZ it's been a nightmare to try to follow Futurama. I haven't seen Family Guy on TV here in a long time (we're talking years), but I don't watch that much TV so I might've just missed it. Can you believe that? I've got 4 channels (I'm not paying a horrendous amount for satellite!) and still can't remember when different shows are on :rolleyes:

14. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

When I'm at school I don't have any channels! I can't justify $50/month for cable and the cement block walls in the dorms literally block out all radio and antenna signals so neither TV nor radio work. :(

15. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

That sucks for you guys. Ive got Bell ExpressVu, Dishnetwork and DirecTv and im not paying one cent for programming... Watch Family guy seval times a night, provided im not at work.

Would be great news if it came back.

16. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Yeah as the article said its on Cartoon Network usualyl paired with Futurama but they switch spots every few months. I don't midn a 1/2 hour difference, but when it was primetime fox would go from like 7pm wednesday, then a week break, then 7:30pm on Thursday after a simpsons rerun to off for a month to back on at 8:30 tuesday. I live in the central timezone and these are primetime standards ..

17. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Yes, they took it off air several times due to complaints about its content. The only major issue that i remember hearing about, as a specific reason for taking it off once, was that the family's names were taken from the names of a protestant minister's family and they sued.

Most people didn't really understand the show. Many who didn't like it for its content were not taking the humor as it was meant. An example of this is 'wish upon a weinstein', the last episode that didn't air. In the episode there are all kinds of jokes that can be percieved as prejudiced, but Peter's overwhelming stupidity about Jewish people is not meant to be derogatory. The writers used peter throughout the series to comment on the idiocy of the average white male, and that is what is funny but some thought that the writers just made politically incorrect jokes to make that sort of joke not to point out the humor in society.

18. alset macrumors 65816

alset

When I first saw this on Fark I called tons of people to share the good news. Everyone was excited. Fox (evil network) claims that the show must have been ahead of it's time or had a late bloom, however, I recall Fox making it very difficult for us to watch Family Guy because it was on sporadically. Down with Fox, long live Family Guy.

Dan

19. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

So, they've finally got enough new Simpsons bits to rip off?

I keed. I enjoy the show (not as much as my wife does), but I do notice a few, shall we say, homages to Fox's longest running animated sitcom. Family is better than most things on the tube, I guess.

20. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Kwyjibo -- You are correct Fox had much trouble changing the time from week to week.

It was very annoying to watch it, sometimes it was at 6 EST and then it was off for a week and then the week after that it was at 7:30 I remember.

I was so confused...

I think that was the main reason Family Guy and Futurama were cancled moved the time slot on any good show 10 times in a month and viewers will get pissed off.

Someone mentioned (When you) 'Wish upon a Weinstein' that was not put on air because of Making fun of Jewish people.

Which happens to be a bull****e reason because I'm Jewish and Loved that Episode...

with Such Lines as
    'Optimus Prime?
    HE's JEWISH?!' (see picture below) This was one of my favorite episodes... But Fox Canned it. And Cartoon Network showed it edited... so it really didn't get out to the public how funny it was...

If it comes back it shows the great thing about audience and the demand to bring back good shows.

Attached Files:

21. zync macrumors 68000

zync

It was awesome and stewie was hilarious but I still hail the Simpsons :D