Family Guy

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, Dec 15, 2003.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

After buying the DVD collection of the Family Guy, I nearly laughed my ass off for an hour after watching the episode that never got aired, "Wish apon a Weinstein" or something like that. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. You know how in the beggining, they'll show some sort of flash back, and they show a lot of flashback throughout the episode, well... when they showed that redneck guy giving directions I don't think if I stopped laughing for at least a good 5 minutes into the show... anyways, if you haven't seen the episode, I wont ruin it for you, but what the premise is about, is Peter wants Chris to be better at Math, so he tries to convert him to become Jewish. It's things like that that made the show sooo funny, yet kept it from being on the air... Anyway, I know there was a thread on Family Guy earlier, but I don't think about this... Go buy the DVD set, or ask for it for Christmas or Hanukka!!

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I'm Jewish and I found this episode HIGHLY offensive to my religion. :mad:

No, I'm just kidding. I found this episode extremely funny. I especially liked the Las Vegas "Bar Bar Bar" Mitzvah with David Copperfield as the Rabbi. I also liked Ben Stein as the Rabbi at the temple in Quahog (sp?).

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Yah Family Guy rocked. It’s understandable though why it got canned. It was about as far from being PC as any show could possibly be.
    I borrowed a friend’s set of season 2 I think it was season 2. I think you could set up a drinking game for the number of scenes/comments that a feminist would rip the writers jugular out for.
    It’s refreshing to see a series that doesn’t give a crap about anyone’s feeling and throws Political Correctness out the window. I’m all for avoiding insulting people/cultures/various groups. But sometimes its fun to hack on people/groups that take themselves to seriously and speaking as a honky, white, evil male, cracker I enjoy it and enjoy getting the occasional ribbing myself. Life is too dang short to be overly sensitive about everything.

4. Fat Tony macrumors member

5. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: Family Guy

Cartoon network started showing the wish upon a weinstein episode last month I think. From what I've heard, the creator of the show never really understood why it never aired. It certainly wasn't the most offensive episode they ever made, in fact, it just makes Peter look foolish (well, I guess most of them do). I love that show. I hated it when it first came out, started getting into it since its been on cartoon network. Once you appreciate its humor, its pure genius. there has been some talk that they are considering bringing it back because the DVD has become the number 1 in TV show DVD sales ever. I hope they do.

6. Judo macrumors regular

Sweet, more family guy episodes. :)

I think it was the same episode, but I cracked up when Optimus Prime made an apperance.

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Theres talk of the family gu yreturning its not for sure yet, fox cancelled it like six times and brough ti back unti lthe final cancelling so don''t count on anything until you actually see it on TV or its heavily advertised

8. mykemp macrumors newbie

Family guy rules!! You're right about it being as un-PC as they come... but it is way funny. My favorite was the one where Brian the dog developed a drug problem while being a drug dog. Or the one where Toad became an epidemic at Meg's high school, and Peter went back to school under the name "Lando Calrision"

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Whats your name?
    Pea. Tear. Griffin, peter griffin, oh crap ... .

and when they prematurely delvired the babies via warm water in their hands...