famous tom clancy quote

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ninja_Turtle, May 16, 2004.

1. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

hey i posted a thread earlier one time and someone replied it, and their quote was a really nice and cool one that i absolutely loved. the quote was by tom clancy and i remember it sorta goes like this "if a man has a mac he will tell you, if he doesnt why embarrass him"...now i know thats not the correct one cuz it doesnt sound..."right"...so if anyone knows the correct quote can you please post it up, thanks

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Someone around here has (or had) it in his/her signature.

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Its:

Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him? - Tom Clancy

veldeck has it on his/her sig.

4. Crikey macrumors 6502

Does anybody know the context for that quote? Was it in an interview (with whom?), in some informal writing?

Cheers,

Crikey

5. ecche macrumors regular

I couldn't find the context of that quote, but I found another nice one (though it is a bit outdated) on www.personal.umich.edu/~tinayee/quotes.html:

"Saying Windows 95 is equal to Macintosh is like finding a potato that looks like Jesus and believing you've witnessed the second coming."
    - Guy Kawasaki

Edit: Oops, got the link wrong!

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

More and more people talk to me because of my sig. Seems I made a good choice.

I once found it somewhere on the Internet, can’t remember where, but when you google for it, you’ll have lots of hits.

7. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Apparently the Clancy himself uses it as a signature on the end of his e-mails. As he has never sent me a mail I can not personally verify this. But I do know he is mad for the Mac, I did read an article (link escapes me) where for a couple of thousand words he oozed clinical affection for the format.

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    probably from his apple masters page which apple seems to have done away with.