Fancy Dress: Which famous movie character would you go as?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dcv, Nov 4, 2005.

1. dcv macrumors G3

OK just for a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon...

Let's say you've got to go to a fancy dress party and the theme is Famous Movie Characters (must be instantly recognisable).

Who would you go as and why? Please provide links to the character and/or any photos if you've actually done this!

I've *never* been to a fancy dress party myself, not a huge fan of that sort of thing.
    But if I HAD to, I'd go as Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

linky1

linky2

Why? Because it's a great film and I like the idea of looking a bit more glamorous for a change! ;)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's funny you know...I was talking to someone about this exact topic recently...[​IMG]

Bit of a wash out I know, but I HATE dressing up.

I'd be Elwood Blues :cool:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080455/

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

ooooh, dcv, I <3 Audrey Hepburn! I have three huge posters of her! :eek:

But I would rather look like... Sabrina and for a slightly different angle also as Sabrina.

That said, I'm terribly fond of another outfit from Funny Face, linky (but she's missing this gorgeous blue shawl/cloak and well, this picture doesn't do the dress justice) and who could resist being mistaken for a Hungarian royalty as in My Fair Lady? *These are the best pictures I could find for this specific 'outfit,' if you watch the movie you'll know how amazing her outfit really is link 1 and link 2.

But if only given once choice... I'd have to go w/ the Sabrina Givency gown. *dreamy sigh*

4. dcv thread starter macrumors G3

Oooohh good choice, devilot!

I really want a dress-up 'do' to go to... :eek:

We used to have great company Christmas parties (black-tie events) and then they just got tighter every year and cancelled these dos. Now i'm a contractor anyway, but still working for the same place. I think all we're doing for Christmas this year is just going for drinks in a local bar. I want to get all dolled-up, dammit!

*someone please invite me to a black-tie event* ;)

5. Lau Guest

Ooh, fabulous classic ladies, ladies. :)

Hmm. I've always wanted to go as Jeremy Beadle. :D Well, more accurately, me and an old flatmate always wanted to have a Jeremy Beadle fancy dress party where everyone, male or female, had to come as him, tiny hand and all.

However, in order not to look totally disgusting, I think I would go as Amelie. It's one of my favourite films, and the girl has style.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww, she's my other 'Audrey' love. Sigh. I have Amelie, A Very Long Engagement, and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of The Spanish Apartment (L'Auberge Espagnole) and Dirty Pretty Things. I've also seen Happenstance and He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not.

Good choice, Lau. (psst, sorry for rambling... but I love my Audreys!!! :eek: )

7. Lau Guest

Yay! I'm glad you like her too. (Although who wouldn't?!) I just got A Very Long Engagement, but I haven't watched it yet.