Fans and Firmware

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matttrick, Sep 28, 2006.

1. matttrick macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    Ok so after having my mbp almost 2 weeks, i noticed it gets pretty hot sometimes. I never noticed any fan activity whatsoever. I havent listened closely, but still there has never been anything noticable. So i decided to update the firmware... but its already up to date.

i am installing WoW to see if i hear anything with it up... but should i be concerned that i have yet to notice any fan activity whatsoever? they cant be that quiet..
  2. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
  3. Ross Henderson macrumors member

Ross Henderson

Apr 6, 2006
    I never hear the fan on mine, and what your experiencing is perfectly normal. These things do get unacceptably hot.
  4. matttrick thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    alright, i just wanted to make sure. i had heard alot of people talk of how their fans were on alot more after firmware update and such, and mine was pretty hot. i think it could fry an egg. coreduotemp is normal but then thats the cpu temp, not the temp of the whole system.
  5. NJuul macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2006
    My fan does turn on...
    It usually kicks in whenever the CPU reaches around 70C or so. It can get quite loud, so there's no doubt that it's on.
  6. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

Feb 23, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    The fans shouldn't start going unless you are doing excessive gaming or video editing I know mine doesn't nd it satys fairly cool :)