Fans + mods + a company w/ great customer service

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crazytom, Jan 15, 2004.

1. crazytom macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    I feel the need to post this. It's rare that you find a company with outstanding customer service and I'd just like to share my experience.

The story: I purchased some fans from to try and quiet down my G4 MDD. One of the fans was a slot fan. Long story short: they sent me the wrong fan. I discovered this almost a year after the purchase. I emailed the company and the president called me to sort everything out. They're sending me a new fan, though I pay shipping.

Why do I find this remarkable? 1. It was only a $10 fan. 2. It was purchased almost a year ago. 3. I don't have the original packaging. And 4. They were trully concerned that something like this could slip through their system.

My last two dealings with a company's customer service was with Apple, and both times Apple made me feel like a liar and an idiot---one was because of the noise of my MDD, the other was from the stock optical drive that burned up---neither of those episodes were resolved to my satisfaction. 3dcool's service is like a breath of fresh air and restored my confidence that there still are companies out there that do care about their customers, no matter how big or how small.

Thanks for reading!
  2. kuyu macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2003
    Business is supposed to be about helping people, with profit as a side-effect. Too often in our day and age, it's the other way around. Glad to hear that some businesses still find value in the non-financial benifits of a job well done.

Although Apple is a large corporation, I believe they try to follow this kind of ideology. Sorry to hear about your experience with tech support, but these people only work for apple to make money, not because they are truly enthused by the fact that they help people for a living. Apple should hire its future "techies" from this site, because the whiz's here are all about helping noob's.

Just my two cents....