Fans Waiting At The Wrong Theater For Star Wars

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Seems like a good way to spend 7 weeks to me. :rolleyes:

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, all 5 of the previous movies opened there, so their logic is pretty sound. Until the deal with the ArcLight is set in concrete, they're in the right place. The question is, Will they move over to the ArcLight and find that someone else has already started a line there?

(OK, the REAL question is: 7 WEEKS? As the Shatner said, "Get a life, will you?")

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

IIRC, these people are part of a group that is raising money for charity through this public act. They are able to go to work/school/eat/shower as needed, they just spend their free time in line instead of going home.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

7 weeks? thats a bit much dont you think? for just a movie? wow some people are way to fanatical about things, i glad that i am not this way about anything in particular even the things/books/movies/bands that i love i would never to go this extreme, i guess some people just have the time to burn though good for them

6. BoardCertified macrumors newbie

Right...

Where do these people get the money to be in the same place for 7 weeks? If I missed one week of work I'd be on my butt.... well maybe not one week, but two weeks for sure! :D

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

lol :p that's tooooo funny. Why on Earth would someone want to waste 7 weeks waiting for a movie?! :eek: I understand there big fans of Star Wars, and that's fine. But 7 weeks?! Mabye 7 hours, but weeks?! :eek: and it's not even guranteed to be playing at that theater. :rolleyes:

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Obviously this re-inforces the notion that Star Wars geek need to get laid.

9. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Can't they just pre-order the tickets online or something?

10. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

lol the fools , have they never heard of the internet ? book your tickets there!

lol

reminds me of all the waiting lines for a Mac store - whats that japan one with the REALLY long line Ginza?

( i wonder if comic book guy is in that line for star wars ? )

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

"Sort of proves the average Trekkie is far smarter than the Star Wars groupies... Trek Rules"

-- A nameless Trekkie speaks on this foolishness.

12. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Ah the power of religion. Here in the UK - Jedi Knight is an officially recognised religion and it is these poor sad souls who would wait in line even if charity wasn't involved.

PS. I didn't talk my wife into standing at sub zero temperatures for 4 hours just to get a free T-Shirt at the Apple store opening in London.

13. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I spent 4 hours in line for Jedi.
    I spent 18 hours in line for Clones.

The time spent in line is more than time spent in line. Its almost like a party. We talked, played cards, (Hearts. I was cleaning up until a woamn started giving backrubs, I got distracted and someone shot the moon)

14. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

My understanding of the way the line works is that you don't have to be there the whole time. There is a registry, and your place in line is determined by how many hours you spend in line. So if you need to go to work (yeah right), or just have somewhere else you need to be, you can leave and come back.

15. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Okay,
    The radio just announced that the folks at Fox are saying that Mann's Chinese Theater will NOT be showing Star Wars. According to sources at Fox, it will be shown at the Arclight.

Further, 11 fans have refused to accept the news and will remain in line at Mann's Chinese Theater. For seven weeks.

16. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

17. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Geez... And I had trouble spending 90 mins. at each movie... Felt like I had just seen Attack of the Wallet.

18. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't plan on waiting on line for more than 30 minutes....even if I have to wait a week to go see the movie....

Its a little much, if you ask me, to waste so much time for something that you could see without waiting if you had a little patience.

D

19. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

20. mac-er macrumors 65816

They are probably thinking..

Poor Mac geeks, sitting talking about some dumb OS and when it will come out. :rolleyes:

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

let 'em, but at least we have a life outside of the forums and arent killing seven weeks straight on here 24/7 or whatever, at least we have a life outside of MR, well some of us do

22. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

What's "life"? and is Apple going to release it? If so, do you know how much it will cost or if Amazon will offer a pre-order rebate?

23. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Life

24. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

NO

It is not.

However, about 40,000 people put it down as their religion in the last UK census.

After the horror that was the Phantom Dribble :mad: the trilogy should hopefully be ending on a more quality note.

25. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

At least we can be comforted by the fact that the poor attempt at entertainment is ENDING.