Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cycocelica, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I know people here like baseball but I was wondering if there is a MacRumors fantasy baseball group I could join or something. Or maybe I could make one if there is enough interest?

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I've set up a league for us on Yahoo:

MacRumors Baseball

Number: 235979
    Password: stevejobs

I set the league for ten teams, but will shrink if need be.

Who else is in? Only want those willing to make a season long commitment ...

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I'll join. I'm a big fan of baseball, but I've never done fantasy baseball before.

4. Chubypig macrumors 6502

What's the system like? Is it something that would require daily attention? I would be interested, i just need to know a few more details.

5. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I set it up as a 5x5 roto with daily logins, though you certainly wouldn't have to login everyday to manage your team. There are definite lmits on at bats and total innings pitched.

I'd be happy to change the league settings based on the preferences of those who join.

6. Chubypig macrumors 6502

7. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I dont feel like joining the MacRumors league (already in to many as it is), but i do have a question for the Fantasy Baseball fans out there.

Last year my dad and i won our church fantasy baseball league. Well, now it is time to pick our keepers for this year. And i am having a really hard time choosing who to keep.

There are between 10-12 teams in the league. I can keep up to three and the more i keep the further i go down in the draft (i.e. if i keep three i dont get a pick until round four).

My league starts 5 batters (two infield, two outfield, and one flex), and four picthers (two starters, one closer, adn one flex).

I had a good team last year and i ended up winning the hole shabang. So here are the people i can keep:

Manny Ramirez
    Scott Rolen
    Johnny Damon
    Derrek Lee
    Melvin Mora
    Roy Halladay
    Bartolo Colon
    Francisco Rodriguez
    Victor Martinez
    Matt Clement
    Chris Carpenter
    Andrew Jones

As you can see i had a really good drafting year last year and i am having trouble deciding who to keep. I figured Manny was a shoe in but beyond that i am having a hard time deciding. All in all, i think i need to keep manny and some pitchers (pitchers are usually really hard to get in my league).

Plesae help me decide!!

8. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I just signed up for my schools league, so I can't do this one, but lets just say that for the 6th pick out of 12, my teams pretty average...

Manny is my best player.

Trying to trade for Wright.

9. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

awesome I joined the MacRumors one. I haven't played fantasy baseball in a long time so I hope I am not rusty. Thanks for the info thedude

10. i.Feature macrumors 6502

i.Feature

At work now but will join tonite when i get home.

11. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

12. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Baseball season is too long, I would honestly like to start a league up post ASB and it would be much more fun! last year I was in one with some guys here and it didn't seem like anybody cared enough ... and i hate roto scoring sooo much

14. CarolEdwards macrumors newbie

Carol Edwards

Rotisserie League baseball is just fun to play. Anyone is interested in it?