Fantasy Football - Macrumors style

Discussion in 'Community' started by Applespider, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    In early August, in lots of time, we started a Macrumors league which has apparently fallen apart since there are 4 days to go, no draft set and the commish has vanished from the scene... :(

...so we've started a new league aiming for the draft today (Sunday at 6ET) if we can get sufficient people around or Monday at 6ET if not (since it's Labor Day, hopefully lots of you will be off work and able to play) since goal is a live draft (it automates if you can't make it)

So... anyone who didn't make it into the league last time and would like to be in there, or who was in there and didn't get an invite to the new league, PM me with your email address and I'll hook you up with one.

EDIT: It's a free league with the only prize being MR bragging rights which let's face it, counts for a lot!

And it's running through AOL since that's where the original one was set up and meant anyone who had done draft rankings could keep them intact. You don't need to be an AOL member - just to have an AIM ID

2. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

Not looking good for drafting tonight since only half the league is signed into the new one and they all have to be, before the draft will run; tempting though it might be for the 5 current owners to end up with fantasy squads you could only dream of.

I'll keep checking though - perhaps we'll have a last hour flurry of activity. In the meantime, the offer remains open.

3. Super20 macrumors regular

I sent you my aol screen name but didn't get an invite into a private league. Is this thing still a go?

4. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

im making a fantasy league on yahoo the draft is live on thursday at 3(et)
    pm me if interested

5. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

I did send you an invite to the email address you sent me but when you and another guy didn't join before the draft, I reduced the league down to 8 again and we drafted based on that.

There's one space that's currently held by a 'spacemaking' team that I'm holding for someone who I know hasn't been online since we redid the league so he has first dibs on it. If he doesn't take it up, then you'd be welcome to have that team. It's got a pretty nice roster.