Fantasy Sports

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Oct 2, 2006.

When your fantasy team starts to stink, do you abandon the league?

1. Every time - if I ain't winnin', I'm quittin'

1 vote(s)
  2. I'm a dumper - I turn into a brat and try to dump all my good players

0 vote(s)
  3. I don't spend as much time, but I show up occasionally to tweak my team

0 vote(s)
  4. I keep playing - I made a commitment to the other teams

5 vote(s)
  5. Fantasy Sports? That sounds like something you'd find on Playboy TV

2 vote(s)
  1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    So, I was looking at my Fantasy Hockey team, and I realized I'm more out of my element than I thought. I'm still stuck in pre-lockout mode, having trouble remembering which of the guys with funny names is the good one, being tempted to drop one of my goalies that whose names I struggle to remember in favor of Dominic Hasek who I know is amazing (ok, was amazing 10 years ago)...

Anyway, I realized that even though I don't know what I'm doing, I still plan to play out the season. Then I went to the MR Fantasy Football League. there I counted 3 teams that seem to have abandoned any attempt to win. They leave guys playing that have byes or are injured. I mean, you can set your team up for each week of the season, so even if you don't have access for 7 days, your can still play expected starters. If they were to have gone 10-4, they would be thrilled, but at 0-3 or 1-2 they have given up and gone home.

I wonder if employers should encourage fantasy sports - it makes it easy to spot the quitters who ought to be fired and tossed into traffic compared with thsoe who stick it out.
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I keep playing to see if I can play spoiler... :D

Besides you never know when a second stringer/back up will become the primary focus and go on fire in a week when your starters were out...
  3. twoodcc macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    sorry, i don't have time to play fantasy sports. i wish i did though
  4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    I always do my best to be as active as possible. I miss a football roster deadline every once in a while, but that's usually for the better considering how I manage my football teams.

I did win my baseball league this morning though -- that makes a fourth straight year! :D I'm a bit too proud of that, I'm afraid ...
  5. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    I havent played fantasy football for 2 yeats. when i did enter, i came 230th in the country (out of 75,000 applicants) so did pretty well. I dont quit if i start loosing, i just readjust and get better.