Fantom Titanium Firewire External HD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GreeneGirl7, Apr 21, 2005.

1. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

I hope this was appropriate to start another thread. I saw a post asking about an external hard drive, but I'd like to ask for opinions on a specific one.

I've never bought an external hard drive before. My main concern is reliability. I'm only going to use it with my iBook and mostly as back up. I'm hoping to get one before I get Tiger in the mail.

This is the one I'm looking at...

Fantom Titanium

It seems to be a good deal, but I haven't heard anything about that brand. What are some factors to consider? Has anyone use this brand? I see a lot of bad reviews on Amazon about LaCie products but people here recommend them. Any input is appreciated.

2. hal0n macrumors regular

My grilfriend has a 160gig Fantom drive that we use with our rev c powerbooks. It works just fine, and seems to be built pretty well. The only complaint I have is that the drive just isn't big enough!

K

3. GreeneGirl7 thread starter macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

Thanks for the reply. :) I'm sure I'll be fine with 160 GB. I had an 80 GB eMac before and always had 15 GB or more free.