far cry vengeance

Discussion in 'Games' started by RoxStrongo, Nov 28, 2006.

1. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

Oct 8, 2005
    Bournemouth, UK
    anyone else think this game is really lacking in the graphics department? i know, i know, wii is less powerful, it's all about the gameplay. but seriously, the screenshots look shocking.
  2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I actually just read about this on IGN last night. The editors state that the Wii is capable of much more. However, they believe the developers are focusing on providing a good draw distance. The editors also mentioned that once you're moving and the environment is blurred, it still looks good. Just try not to stop too often. ;)

But hey, I'm looking really forward to using the Wiimote to kill unsuspecting enemies. :)
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    ditto. if they added gameplay to Farcry then I might have to buy this. Running about slashing bad guys with claws and such? mad!
  4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    Any mention as to compare Far Cry with Red Steel in that article? I have been wondering which one would be better for when i beat Zelda...:rolleyes:
  5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    You think the screen shots are bad, watch the videos. The graphics are early-PS2 quality, absolutely horrible. The developer should be spanked.

On the other hand, sounds like the FPS controls are awesome.
  6. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2005
    Lyon, France
    I have to agree. This game looks horrible. I am in no way a person who will judge a game by its graphics, but not only does it look like a last gen n64 game, but the physics of the people dying are ALL THE SAME - and they look really bad! Shoot them point blank range in the head and they just float back and spread their arms.

This is obvious laziness on Ubisoft's part. I'm sorry.
  7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I didn't see any mention of Red Steel, but here is the paragraph focused on graphics:

No one is disputing that the Wii lacks the graphical bells and whistles of its competitors, but that doesn't mean that Wii games have to look worse than Xbox or GameCube games. Nevertheless, several Wii games do. Compared to Far Cry Instincts on the Xbox, Far Cry Vengeance looks fairly awful. Textures everywhere lack detail, and the framerate often dips below 30 fps. Furthermore, the overall polygon count is quite low, making for some awkward looking enemies and environments. Thankfully, the draw distance in the game is impressive, helping it retain some of the visual flair of previous Far Cry titles.

Full preview can be found here.

I really don't get why UbiSoft is shooting themselves like this. They're usually great at mixing great graphics with excellent gameplay. Splinter Cell, anyone? Rainbow Six?

Oh well... like I said in my previous post, the gameplay should be fun. :)