Farscape is coming back!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacBandit, Nov 19, 2003.

1. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well a few of you remember when I when I first heard of them canceling Farscape I went on such a rant that I got kicked off the board. Well I'm not doing that this time. I just got word from the Save Farscape Organization that Farscape will return with a 4 hour mini-series.

Let's let them know that we like this show. I will be posting the broadcast time as soon as I know it. Everyone needs to watch this mini-series. Even if you don't know what it's about watch it if you want the best in scifi programing it is the proverbial IT.

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Cool!!!! I guess they are going to pick up where they left off? That is going to be interesting....

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

The only good thing about that show was Chiana.

4. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

How can you say that. All the aliens have fantastic makeup and are very believable and the special affects and costumes are great as well. The plots are good and keep you entertained. All in all it's the best sci-fi series maybe ever on tv.

5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

while I aore Farscape and have watched it from day 1, I can't see this mini-series being more than an attempt to tie up all the loose ends in the series. I would love to see it continue but we have to be realistic. Like 'Sliders' and 'Sea Quest DSV' both shows I loved, Farscape is comming to an end.

I hope I'm proved wrong.

6. Wash!! macrumors 6502

7. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

I agree with you that the chances are that it will not continue after this mini-series. Though if they didn't see the potential demand then they would have never even done this mini-series. It's going to cost them a lot of money because after the show was cancelled the SciFi channel had most of the sets destroyed. So there is a small chance that if we can get enough people to watch it they might bring the series back. It's not like it was an especially old series and they had run out of ideas.

8. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Run out of ideas is one thing they definitally had not. It was one of the most origonal Si-Fi shows around.

9. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

I'll admit it's not nearly as good as the show coming back, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we're getting four more hours of Farscape! Whoo! :D

I started watching Farscape during the ill-fated Season 4 (SciFi's non-stop promos during Stargate got me to watch it), and since then I've caught up on seasons 2 and 3 thanks to SciFi's Sun through Thurs late night episodes (of course, those have been replaced by bad movies and an encore of "Taken" now).

Anyway, thanks for the news MacBandit. Farscape is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best Sci Fi show since Trek: TNG (btw, Enterprise has turned into a train wreck).

My 12" Powerbook is named Stark (you'll probably get the reference).

10. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

11. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

12. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

When I say, I say CHIANA!!!

Attached Files:

13. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

WOW

:eek: :eek:

:eyes fall out of sockets:

:p

:pants:

emmm

14. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well I know in fact all the women on Farscape are pretty damn good looking. Even the strange blue zen girl from the first two seasons. Why I asked why Chiana was the only reason to watch because I was wondering if you didn't think the show had anything else to offer.

15. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Chiana(well the lady that acts as here) was cast resiently in an Australian Drama series. Can't remember the name of the show but it was definetly her. It could have been 'Crash Burn' but I'm not sure.

16. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

That would be Zahn, one of the show's greatest characters (it was a triumph of writing and of acting that made the third season good even without her).

[​IMG]

And, btw, Gigi Edgley is hot! :D

17. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yes it was, though she did make a couple spot appearances. I just can't stress enough how good the makeup, costumes, special effect, muppetearing, and writing was on this show. It definitely raised the bar on SciFi.

18. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Ah sorry about my previous comments...

I was a little preoccupied by the great picture mymemory posted... emmm

:snaps out of it:

Anyway Farscape was a great show and then they canned it....

FOR NO REASON.

I was pissed I called all the places they told me to call... arg so stupid of them...

:mad:

19. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Ooooh.

Gotta try this stuff, It;s really good. Hehe. Boekenhoutskloof Semillon Franshhoek 2002. Did I spell it right?

Simply wonderful - lovely smoky, creamy fruit, dry not OTT - fine acids, great texture... Like licking a wall of raspberries.

*(hic*

20. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Loved Farscape!!! The Blue chick and White chick were pretty sexy. Anyone got photo's fo the Blue chick without the make up?

BY THE WAY... "Babylon 5" also ruled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~e

21. MacBandit thread starter macrumors 604

MacBandit

Hey it's cool. As you can tell I really like the show (so much so I got kicked off of MacRumors when they announced they were canceling it). I wasn't really taking offense to your comments simply taken aback by the statement that there was nothing else worth watching it for.

In any case SciFi channel had to cut there budget like every other company when the the recession began. Farscape was an expensive show and Stargate was not. So they placed Stargate right before Farscape in an attempt to draw Scapers to Stargate and ease the departure. Well you know what happened is one of those marketing flops that should go down in history. Farscape is so good it drew the Stargate fans like a huge blackhole. Stargates viewers actually dropped instead of increasing like they thought they would. In the end it didn't change anything though as the decision had already been made to cut the show.

I too called, wrote, and emailed to everyone. To the point I made up a special save Farscape flyer. I hope I made a difference. I do know that I got a personal letter back from Jim Henderson productions thanking me individually for my support and apologizing that they could not do anything. I'm sure I'll keep the letter forever and Jim Henderson and his company is one of the greatest things that ever happened to television.