Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stelliform, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Farscape is back, and will be playing in 30 minutes on Scifi!! (For all of you who have been missing it...) :D

2. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

I'm going to miss part two tomorrow. I'm going to be in a hotel with my satellite setup turned off at home. We are in the middle of moving to Iowa from Phoenix. Yes... I know, bad time of the year to make that move. ;(

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

'Tis good so far but they are proving that just because you have a bigger budget doesn't mean you should "improve" everything. My wife and I both agree that there is something that is a little off. It's definitely Farscape but the little differences/improvements don't feel quite right.

4. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I don't know. I agree that the special effects were better, and that they lingered longer on the scenes with the special effects, but I felt that the story line was just as rich as ever.

I can't wait until tomorrow....

Sorry to hear about your move hcuar, You need to call the hotel and make sure that they have Scifi. ;)

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The story line is good, everything seems to be there but there is something missing, I can't quite put my finger on it but there is definitely something missing, it just doesn't feel the same.

Don't get me wrong it's still better than 99.9% of the frelling crap that's on TV today.

hcuar
    Don't fret too much about moving SciFi looks like they are re-running the series quite a bit just search their schedule.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

They do that a lot. They did it recently with their remake of Battlestar Galactica - which they're turning into a series next year. Should be quite cool if the premier is an indication of what they can do.

Never did get into Farscape - tried watching it a couple times, but it just never clicked with me - missed too much of it I guess.

I do like Stargate SG1, though.

D

7. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I felt that way until I watched a catchup episode that they aired. The episode just went from start to where they were now recapping the story line. After that it was easy to jump into the story. (I guess it is kind of like a soap opera. Once you know some background story it isn't hard to miss some episodes and then jump back in later.)

8. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Next Episode tonight at 8 Central 9 eastern. I am not sure about times for Mountain and pacific....

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Is it the next episode or the start? I'm all confused and started watching it...

What is it with Scorpio that he and Crighton have these weird talks in Crighton's mind?

D

10. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

The weird talks in Crighton's (SP?) head are what is left of something Scorpios put in C's head to get his wormhole knowledge. (Doesn't he call him Harvey?) C has never been able to get rid of it.

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Somewhere around season 3 Scorpius put a neural implant in Crighton's mind to try to extract wormhole information. A side effect is the "Harvey" hallucinations.

back to the show.

edit: slightly too late...

12. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

This episode is more of the normal pace of a Farscape show. Blindingly fast.

13. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yeah, feels a bit more like the series tonight. Pilot's voice seems a bit off though. Even though it's the same guy.

Maybe I'm just depressed that it's really going to be over after tonight.

Kinda felt the same watching the Firefly DVDs

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

15. angelneo macrumors 68000

Oh ya, I remember Sliders, and how I always never miss an episode of it. They never really make it back home is it?

16. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Good show, the full 4 hours will be playing Sunday 2pm ET.

17. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

The one thing this show always seemed to be better than any other one is the ability to capture and evoke strong emotions - especially at the end of an episode.

This did not disappoint...

Well done guys - your show will be missed.

18. HeWhoSpitsFire macrumors member

HeWhoSpitsFire

Lost my job a couple weeks ago, and got to watch my long lost Farscape from beginning to end. Just blasting my level of expectation sky high for the Peacekeeper Wars.

Just finished watching the second episode and loved it. I'm just sad that one of the best frelling sci-fi shows ever is over.

My sneaking suspicion of Sukozu was finally laid to rest. :)

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yeah, it's definitely done. Depressing really, now I'm going to have to save up for the DVDs. My wife didn't remember Sikozu. Of course I remembered her but had her confused with Jool. Get rid of a red-head/add a red-head... Guess I should have watched more of the marathons to catch up.

Really liked how they explained the compatibility between Sebaceans and Humans.

20. apple2991 macrumors 6502

And..

Up next on Farscape: Who cares?

TNG Rules.

21. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-apple2991

Do you really have to try to stir the turd? People are allowed to like more than one show at a time, you know...

22. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

That is a new phrase for me... :)

23. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

never really did much get into farscape, but i've been trying to change that recently with all the episodes scifi was playing. i did think the peacekeeper wars was good, though

i do enjoy stargate sg-1 a lot, also.