Fascinating insight into the world of Kubrick

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Mar 28, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Kubrick's stuff is really incredibly, but for some reason I can't read that article, I think it's something about writing in the present that turns me off...

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

it's more about the fabled Kubrick archive than a neo/retro article about the man himself... it's quite the fascinating read, more worthy of been printed out though and read properly as opposed to screen reading I think. ;)

What I'd like to see is a permanent 'Kubrick Archive', kinda like the 'ARTOMATIC Library' that allows members to access archived design artifacts... that I think would be very beneficial to many budding producers, directors, designers or generally anybody with an ounce of creativity within them... to explore the inspiration etc etc of Kubrick.

4. studebakerhwk13 macrumors newbie

Printing right now. Thanks for the thread iGAV. Almost got sucked into reading on screen, but decided your advice was good idea.

I love it when I hear my son and his friends discuss Kubrick, and then they come to me to ask me what I know/think. They are great fans. Will pass on the article.

5. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

thanks for the link. i'm a kubrick worshipper, should be interesting.

6. alxths macrumors 6502

Ahhh... it's painful to hear about the movie he wanted to do on Napoleon.. I love movies from that era; oh well, at least I have Barry Lyndon--one of my favorites. Adn then of course, it mentions AI, which would have been an amazing exploration of humanity, consciousness and emotions, if only Kubrick had been able to follow through with it instead of Spielberg.. :mad:

Great article, though.

7. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Yeah, Spielberg really turned it into a piece of sloppy crap.

Good read. Makes the rest of us feel a bit more 'normal'. I thaught I was meticulous about some things, sometimes making my own (hey, I can't afford to have them custom made for me)....

8. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I disagree, but that's just personal opinion, I guess.

Fascinating piece, iGav. Really sheds some light into his mind.

9. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser