Fashion Place Mall Murray, UT

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by All*hail*Apple, Oct 9, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone had any news on how the lines are going to work at the Fashion Place Mall, The Mall opens at 8:00 so you can't get in till then and the store only has an inside entrance.

Does anyone think one store in Salt Lake will be better than another to go wait in line at? How many units do you think each store will have now that there is 2 within a short distance of each other?

2. macrumors regular

this'll be really interesting. first major product release w/ the two utah stores. i wonder how it'll affect the crowds/lines.

3. macrumors 6502

I'm sure people will just form a line outside the mall entrance, or right off mall property.

4. macrumors member

I'm gonna be there. I don't think very many people know about the store yet. My dad, my brother and I didn't know about it until about 3 weeks ago. And I live less than a mile away from Fashion Place! I'm still gonna be camping out tomorrow, though.

5. macrumors newbie

I think I'm going to go to Fashion Place probably an hour or two before it opens. I don't feel like it'll be that busy... I hope. Ha ha I assume that the majority of people who are going to wait in line over night are probably going to be at the Gateway location.

6. macrumors newbie

I Just called the store at Fashion Place. They said the mall is letting people line up outside at 4am tomorrow morning. She wasn't sure which outside door the line would start at, but she thought it would be by Cheesecake Factory. At 6am, the mall doors will open up and the line will move to the front of the Apple Store. See you all there!

7. macrumors member

I think I'm gonna wait it out here. I'm gonna be first! :) I'm currently inside the Apple store, and I think I'm the only person waiting so far.

8. macrumors newbie

I plan on showing up around 4am. Do you know where the line will form outside?

9. macrumors member

I'm not sure where the line will be. Right now there's about 7 people in line inside, but they're kicking us out soon. I don't know where the line will go after that. Probably right outside the doors.

10. macrumors member

any line updates?

11. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just arrived and am about #25 in line. I expect a lot more to start rolling in soon since the store was telling people they couldn't line up until 4.

12. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

As I suspected, only been here a few minutes and about 10 more people have shown up.

Ninja edit: they just told us that there are no white 16gb or 64gb phones for Sprint.

13. macrumors member

I'm number 1 in line. :) Been here since 7pm and it's been fun. Now I just wanna hurry and get my new 4S and go home.

14. macrumors newbie

Only an hour to go. Easily 100+ in line now