Fast Food Pig-Out Joint

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pimentoLoaf, Mar 27, 2006.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Where do you go to increase your bad cholesterol count?

2. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I stand strongly against fast food restaurants, but to answer your question the type of fast food bag found most often on my floor after a heavy night of drinking was always McD's. Probably because of the strategic placement between it, my apartment and the bars.

There is just something about chemicals that are to complex to be covered in Chem 1 and flavor additives that are the only real taste of the food that apparently drew me in when thinking hmm it's 2am and I only have Ramen or Easy Mac back at the apartment.

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

4. DeeJay Dan macrumors member

My first choice is White Castle, since there are none where I live now. I go to either McDonalds, Wendy's or KFC.

5. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

My local kebab house - large shish kebab and fries.

PS. Never had a MacDonald's and hope never to have one

6. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

I used to go to Popeyes chicken sometimes, but the one near my office
    (on 46th street in Manhattan) recently closed. Too bad.

I didn’t eat the chicken though- I liked the rice and beans and biscuits.

7. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I try not to eat fastfood. I can probably count on one hand my fastfood experiences over the past 6 years-- excepting ONE establishment.

In-n-Out

And I'm not sure that it qualifies because although they're fast all the food is fresh-- no preservatives, nitrates, icky stuff, etc, etc.

But you ain't lived till you've had a Double-double animal style.

Where are all my west coasters at?

8. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I have no idea what a Double-Double Animal Style is or what meat it entails but I want one.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

hahaha yeah they're very good. I don't eat them anymore, but yeah they're rockin'.

10. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

I have no idea why they haven't franchised their way out to the east coast. But I assure you-- these burgers kick ass.

They're so good that I've taken them back on a 6 hour flight for my wife who doesn't get to visit California as much as I do. They're that good even 6 hours later. Heheheh.

11. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

My favorite (and the finest) Fast Food Restaurant in the World has to be McDonalds.

12. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

13. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yeah, In-n-Out totally rocks. I was very happy to find they had them here in Arizona when I moved here. I think the main reason they are not franchised out to the east coast is that they do not do franchises. All of their restaurants are privately owned, and perhaps they figured that they are easier to manage if all of them are in one general area. I have only ever seen In-n-Out in California and Arizona and it will probably stay that way for a while.

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    DAMN RIGHT! This place not far from my work has the BEST green-chili n cheese fries. I could eat like, eighteen plates of this stuff it's so good.

As for McDonald's... I would rather cut off my arm, never have sex again, and quit smoking before I'd ever eat that crap again... which basically means NEVER.

Though I DO like A&W every once in a while...

15. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

They also have them in Las Vegas.

I think I knew that they were privately owned, but I can't help but think that they're sitting on a goldmine if they franchise. Maybe they're afraid the quality will (eventually) suffer?

16. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

When I'm looking to increase my LDL, I choose a place called a local JIN's chicken. Nothing is as good as breaded deep fried chicken, Mayo, hot sauce, all served on a bun. Best food in the world.

17. vniow macrumors G4

In-and-Out kicks ass but I'm a sucker for this wonderful little taqueria under the freeway on the way home from my afternoon job. Itc cheap, the portions are huge and its damn good.

Yum.

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes. That is why. I think it's more than just privately owned-- I believe they are still owned by the same family! Not only would the risk the quality of food and service, but treatment of their employees. They make more than minimum wage and get holidays, etc.

I like In-n-Out but I haven't been in awhile.
    Taco Bell.

Does Boston Market count? It can't be great for you. :eek:

19. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

20. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I do miss the little coney shop back in my old city the joint is called Original Coney Island, i was in so often that they knew what i wanted and started to make it before i walked in :D :eek: .. thats what i service ...:cool:

it was usually 5 with everything on each .. mustard/onion/chili/cheese .. then i'd put hot sauce on top .... soooo good :D :D and it was only like $7.50 for 5 coneys and drink .. map of the location of the joint

this one has good chili and Spanish fries to die for :D :D

(Spanish Fries = Onions/Jalpenos/Fries all deepfried all together and served )

21. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

A tradition my friend and I have is everytime we go to Vegas is that we stop at the In-N-Out on the way out of town and get a bite to eat. Sadly, In-N-Out has not made the 6 hour trip north to Salt Lake.

There are a couple of local places I like to hit up when I am in the mood for grease in a bag. There is a small chain of burger joints called Apollo Burger. They are pretty good. When I am feeling for a little latin flavor, I hit up a place called Betos. Less than 4 bucks for a burrito that easily weighs 2 lbs. And on those occations I'm feeling in the mood for Greek, I hit up a place by my house called the Greek Souvlaki.

I'm hungry now.

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

well in terms of the low end fast food, i only really eat at taco bell, since i don't eat meat. i enjoy the crunchrwap supreme, gorditas, bean/cheese/rice burritos, and a grilled stuft burrito (those are too much $ now though)...

burger king's veggie burger is ok, when that's the only option (on a highway rest stop or something). but their fries suck. bah

on a slightly higher level of fast food... i enjoy the various burrito places... baja fresh, california tortilla, and chipotle. i love freebirds, but there are none in my area. the others all have something i prefer. the baja fresh burrito is tasty, but no rice. chipotle is very good, and a lot of food. the cal tort burrito is not very good, but their chips and queso rock my world.

i'm hungry.

23. emw macrumors G4

emw

I came here specifically to post that. Mmmm. Butterburgers. :p :eek:

24. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

25. vniow macrumors G4

A coincidence that this thread started not too long after the "are you healthy?" one?

I think not.