Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XNine

macrumors 68040
iphil said:
I do miss the little coney shop back in my old city the joint is called Original Coney Island, i was in so often that they knew what i wanted and started to make it before i walked in :D :eek: .. thats what i service ...:cool:

it was usually 5 with everything on each .. mustard/onion/chili/cheese .. then i'd put hot sauce on top .... soooo good :D :D and it was only like $7.50 for 5 coneys and drink .. map of the location of the joint

this one has good chili and Spanish fries to die for :D :D

(Spanish Fries = Onions/Jalpenos/Fries all deepfried all together and served )

You're making my mouth water and my eyes cry! I love chili. Green chili, old-fashion chili, it doesn't matter... Hot, mild... SOMEONE GIMME SOME CHILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That stuff sounds good. Wonder if there's anything like that here in Denver? Hrmmmm....

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Onizuka said:
You're making my mouth water and my eyes cry! I love chili. Green chili, old-fashion chili, it doesn't matter... Hot, mild... SOMEONE GIMME SOME CHILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That stuff sounds good. Wonder if there's anything like that here in Denver? Hrmmmm....

Sorry Onizuka, I looked for denver branches of Ron's Chili & hamburgers .. not yet :( :(

You might wanna email or phone them about branching into denver area

list of restaurant numbers and try to connect with Corp. and ask them when are they branching into denver etc :eek: :eek:

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
leftbanke7 said:
There are a couple of local places I like to hit up when I am in the mood for grease in a bag. There is a small chain of burger joints called Apollo Burger. They are pretty good. When I am feeling for a little latin flavor, I hit up a place called Betos. Less than 4 bucks for a burrito that easily weighs 2 lbs.
Betos is awful. Especially when there so many cheap authentic Mexican places in Utah (if you head to Provo, ther eis a dive called La Tormenta...mmmm 50N 400W if I remember right). And if you like Apollo, check out Burger Supreme.

My preferred method for cholesterol intake is Rodizio Grill. Nothing beats the festival of meat. But they are, sadly, too far away from me. So, I normally 5 Guys. It's an East Coast rendition of In N Out. Fresh ground beef patties, peanut oil fries from real potatoes. Tastes good and fresh. Only problem? Too much food. A regular fry is good for 2, large for 4.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
DeeJay Dan said:
My first choice is White Castle, since there are none where I live now...
There are no White Castles down here either, but we used to eat 'em by the sackful when we'd go visit my grandparents in Louisville. Sadly, I know that my gastrointestinal system would not permit me to eat more than one or two White Castle hamburgers these days. :(

I really don't eat a lot of fast food anymore, but I will occasionally still get KFC.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
When I want to pig out...

Chinese Buffet. Added advantage of the cute waitresses. (Insert crude fortune cookie comment)
KFC Buffet. (once did a whole chicken and a plate of sides)
McDonalds dollar menu. Great stuff. Double cheeseburgers and McChickens.
CiCi's pizza. As good as Domino's and never ending. The cinnamon buns are to die for.

When in Pittsburgh nothing beats the O and its fries. Get a medium fry and call it dinner!

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
nbs2 said:
Betos is awful. Especially when there so many cheap authentic Mexican places in Utah (if you head to Provo, ther eis a dive called La Tormenta...mmmm 50N 400W if I remember right). And if you like Apollo, check out Burger Supreme.

My preferred method for cholesterol intake is Rodizio Grill. Nothing beats the festival of meat. But they are, sadly, too far away from me. So, I normally 5 Guys. It's an East Coast rendition of In N Out. Fresh ground beef patties, peanut oil fries from real potatoes. Tastes good and fresh. Only problem? Too much food. A regular fry is good for 2, large for 4.

I hear you on the Rodizio thing. The only place where I feel good after dropping 35 bucks on a meal and not being able to walk.

Betos is good simply because they don't look down on me for going in. I went into a little authentic Mexican place in West Valley and stood at the counter for 15 minutes and not one person even talked to me. No one would take my order or anything.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Generally, I dislike fast food, but given the necessity for something fast when on the go and the craving for something unhealthy is too overpowering....

Arby's
5 Guys
Panda Express
Del Taco (if only they were on the east coast)
Taco Bell

I occasionally went to Carl's Jr when I lived out west, but have yet to go to the east coast equivalent that is Hardee's.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
floriflee said:
Panda Express

I occasionally went to Carl's Jr when I lived out west...
Ooh, those two are nice. But I prefer Mr. Chau's to Panda simply because you get like, triple the portions for less money. :p And Carl's Jr.'s western bacon cheeseburger... drool. But they stopped carrying all their scrumdiddlyumptious baked potatoes! :(

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
leftbanke7 said:
I hear you on the Rodizio thing. The only place where I feel good after dropping 35 bucks on a meal and not being able to walk.

Betos is good simply because they don't look down on me for going in. I went into a little authentic Mexican place in West Valley and stood at the counter for 15 minutes and not one person even talked to me. No one would take my order or anything.

Isn't Beto's the place with really good taquitos? They were great just because they came with guacamole (mmmm....). Maybe I'm thinking of Alberto's in Provo....

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I very rarely pig out, and almost never eat fast food, but when the time comes, there's only one choice:

Attachments

• Steak__Shake.JPG
    Steak__Shake.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 83

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
Hmm, I occasionally have a craving for a BK Veggie Burger, Fries and Zesty Sauce.

Also, Popeyes once every few months when I take my week off working out lol.

It's sad I haven't heard of half these restaurants being up here in Canada

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
leftbanke7 said:
Do you speak spanish? I'm not surprised they ignored you. The best places I found were the ones where making food was something that was done mostly for friends. You sort of have to interrupt them from their novelas and get their attention. Generally, the less they notice and the less they speak english, the better the food. Those were the days......This is what happens when you are too lazy to log the wife off he computer

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
White Castle.

If you live in a city where god has not yet graced his land and people with the delicious goodness that is White Castle, then I feel sorry for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.