Fast image viewer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by koswo, Oct 10, 2006.

1. koswo macrumors member

Hi, I'm looking for a small program which allows me to easily browse through pictures/photos in a certain directory. So when I double click in the finder on the first picture/photo it should show the picture/photo (like Preview does) but it should also have next/previous buttons to jump to the next/previous picture/photo in that directory.
    In other words I'm looking for Mac alternative to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" or "IrfanView".
    Who knows such a program?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Check out "Xee". It works like Windows Fax Machine and is miniscule in size.

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You do know that if you do a quick command-a to select all files in a folder, then drag that onto preview in the dock that they all open at once, very quickly, and you can scroll through using the drawer on the right hand side. You can do slideshows from this view as well. It's very easy and fast to load.

5. eyup macrumors regular

eyup

Or you can select all the images in a folder, right click and choose Slideshow.

6. xoai macrumors newbie

xoai

simply highlight all the images and double click on one of them to view all. I use FFview to see manga :p

7. koswo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks eyup for the tip, that is indeed a great OS X feature! I didn't know it but it sure solved my problem!

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The closest thing to IrfanView on the Mac is GraphicConverter. Shareware, but I think the trial may be unlimited.