Fast shipping from apple.com (updated with pics)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ipoddin, Sep 30, 2006.

1. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I made the plunge and ordered a 24" iMac 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 7600gt card and 250gb hd yesterday from apple.com. My expected ship date was Tuesday when I ordered it. But lo and behold, I get an email that it shipped today from China! I even got the tracking numer to confirm it left China today. Pretty stoked as it's estimated delivery is Wednesday!

2. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

congrats! post pics when you get it, make us all jealous ;)

3. MacProGuy macrumors regular

Yeah, I couldn't believe FEDEX from CHINA was only $35!!!

Somebody is gettin' a SERIOUS FREAKIN DISCOUNT! I can't fedex the iMac myself across the STREET for $35...

:D

4. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Mine was free shipping. I choose 5 day, but you're right, 2-4 business day shipping was only $35 from China.

5. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

Grrr. I ordered mine Wednesday, paid for expedited shipping, and estimated delivery is Tuesday. :confused: You lucked out.

6. Flyinace2000 macrumors 6502a

Flyinace2000

My replacement iMac was shippe don wednesday and i recieved it on friday (it was shipped via 2nd day). Pretty damn good!

7. Invisiblefence macrumors newbie

Invisiblefence

I recieved my 24inch imac the other day after a week of tracking hell. When it was shipped from china the tnt hub put it through as next day delivery which it quite clearly could never have been as I am based in the UK. I ended up recieving it on the original delivery estimation date. Just throw caution to the wind dude just incase you get burned too, but I'm generally quite an unlucky person so I'm sure it will get to you at speed. The 24 is ace, I hadn't seen one in the flesh before it arrived and I was 100% happy. Enjoy

8. Gaijin de Moscu macrumors regular

Your fast shipping is amazing.

I ordered my 24" iMac on September 15th. It shipped last Saturday and is still on its way.

I had to weather my wife's rebellion at having a desktop. She only accepts laptops at home :D Hope it won't disapoint... I'll feel real silly sending it back if it's not good, after all those talks on how it will change our digital photo life (she's a semi-pro photographer).

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

When i ordered my MacBook it sayed it would ship in like a week i ordered at night, woke up check for any new email, and i had a message that it had shipped already, no fast shipping!
    And then i got it in 2 days!

10. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

That's cool. Mine arrived in and departed Anchorage, Alaska today! Now it just needs to get to Los Angeles :) Estimated delivery moved to Oct. 9th after it left China, but I'm still hoping for a Wednesday surprise...:D

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i ordered a mac pro today....said it should ship on 10/6 and be here 10/16

here's to hoping that it'll get here sooner!

12. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Well, got a Tuesday surprise! I got in to work today and lo and behold, it was already here! That's amazing. Ordered Thursday afternoon with standard 5 day shipping, it leaves China Friday, arrives in Alaska Monday, and in Los Angeles the next day. That's less than 3 business days and shipping was free.

The bad news is I gotta get through the whole day before I can set it up at home tonight! Will post pics of the setup later.

13. nodabs macrumors regular

Post pics! i just got mine setup, but i'm getting new furniture this weekend so i'm waiting to post pics until i get that set up!

14. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Got it setup finally. I'm very happy with the iMac so far! Not a single issue. As you can see in the photos, I've got a dual monitor setup with a Gateway 21" monitor. The iPod was thrown in for some size reference as well. It's amazing how much bigger the 24" seems over the 21" (1920x1200 versus 1680x1050). The screen is so bright and crisp, and the Mac is so responsive. I love it! Got some of my files moved over and tomorrow I'll attempt bootcamp.

Attached Files:

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

man your lucky. i'm stilling waiting on my mac pro to ship

16. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Funny, I ordered a 20" iMac with only the video memory upgrade. It shipped from California and took two weeks between Apple processing and Fedex delivery taking 5 business days itself. I did select free shipping. And I got what I paid for. Wonder why the ones from China get to the owners in half the time it takes from California. Sheesh.:confused:

17. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

As far as US customers directly from Apple, I would never pay for shipping. I have never had 5-7 day free ground take any more than 3 days for anything I have ever ordered (not just Apple). A lot of times it is 2 days or even the next day. Anything I have ever ordered from Apple has always shipped when expected or sooner and has arrived very quickly.

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i'm in the US, and i'm still waiting for mine to ship :(

i hate waiting

19. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Agreed. I never pay for 2 day shipping, always go for the free 5 day. It always seems to come in 2-3 days no matter what (it's not like they're going to just leave it in the warehouse until day 5)

20. kyc macrumors newbie

Is your Gateway monitor extended to full height in that picture? My 24" iMac is on it's way :cool: and I have that same gateway monitor so I just want to have a feel of how tall it going to be.

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:mad: :mad: :mad:

When they say new Macs on Tuesday, they don't just mean for you!!!!

;)

Congratulations on your great new computer! Hope you have a lot of fun with it! :)

22. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Almost. When the Gateway is fully extended, the top of the iMac screen is a hair taller than the top of the Gateway screen. I typically keep the Gateway's screen about halfway between the top and bottom of the iMac's screen.

23. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Is that the Apple dock for your iPod or third party?

BTW, nice setup! Have fun with your new machine.:D

24. ipoddin thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

It's just a stand I used to prop it up.