Fast Switching Between Mulitple Users Accts.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by semonalmoritz, Sep 27, 2005.

1. semonalmoritz macrumors newbie

I'm very new to this so please let be patient and teach me what you can about how to use MacRumors.

My issue: I created a separate user acct. for my new business to keep it tidy and apart from my personal computer uses. I thought it would be easier to have two accounts. One exclusively for work and the other for everything else.

The problem I'm having is when I use "Fast Switching" between accts. it always requires that I give a pass word to change accts. How do I change it to not require an acct. password when I'm using "Fast Switching"?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Semonalmoritz

2. dylan macrumors 6502

1. Open up "System Preferences"
    2. Click the "Accounts" panel
    3. Click the lock and enter your password
    4. Click "Change Password" and just leave the "New Password" box blank
    5. Do the same for the other account

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

The above is what you want to do, but one additional thing: Make sure you also go to the "Sharing" part of System Preferences and turn all of the listed services off if they aren't already (the Firewall, under that tab, should also be turned on if it isn't already).

If you don't do this, and you're not behind a hardware firewall (which, if your computer is directly connected to a modem instead of a router, you're probably not), then there's a chance anybody can access the data on your computer, which you probably don't want.

4. semonalmoritz thread starter macrumors newbie

Mille Grazie per il tuo Aiuto!

Thank you for your help. It worked!

Semonal

5. semonalmoritz thread starter macrumors newbie

Mille Grazie per il tuo Aiuto!

Thank you so much for your help!

Semonalmoritz