faster internet speeds - delayed acks

Discussion in 'Community' started by wwworry, Aug 4, 2003.

1. wwworry macrumors regular

This is quite useful and really works. You can get faster internet speeds out of OS 10.2.6 as seen in this story:
    http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20030804075938404

I used the terminal script. And measuring from download.com went from 291 k/sec. to 441 k/sec. (then to 404k/sec.)

It may only be for broadband. I do not know.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Makes no difference for me (cable connection).

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

"The emperor has no clothes"

Apple made me leave OS9 to jump in to another system that is no worth the switch.

Jobs is allways telling "the new system is better" every time, I wonder what he is gonna say in the future about what he is offering to us now.

If OSX if better than 9, why can't we use it in the newer computers? that is a sort of manipulation.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Where'd that come from?

Back on topic, I've tried these tweaks before. On Windows machines as well. Sometimes it seem to help, but sometimes it disconnects you after awhile. Even on broadband. You have to reset your settings or restart.

If this works, it'd be nice, but I'm kinda skeptical. Anybody else have any luck. Or horror studies. Not on a Mac right now.

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah this didn't do much of anything for me, but I have already had optimized my connection... not with cocktail, but this did very little for me.