Faster PB ship times / Just placed Order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MILESAR, Mar 1, 2005.

1. MILESAR macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2005
    Now all I need is a piece of string to attach to my wallet, its so light now it may float away.

I ordered on the phone this morning and placed a BTO order for a 15" PB, finally. I harped them about shipping times and when it would arrive (I actually will be leaving town, so I mentioned it being here by a certain date, that I could buy the PB in a store out of town) and they said it would be here fast.

2 weeks for a BTO PB, now from what I have read (here) that is pretty fast.

The man on the phone mentioned that UPS is not busy this time of year and can ship alot faster, as well as apple is catching up after the PB rush from the speed bumps.

Lets hope thats not a sales pitch (I have his extension, so if its not here...)

Now its my turn to wait! :D Let it begin........... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
  2. james.sumners macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2005
    I ordered a 15" PowerBook with 128MB of VRAM on Thursday of last week. Evidently the machine was built in Shanghai, China because that is where it shipped from. Since the machine shipped from over seas Apple bumped up the shipping to "express" at no extra charge and without me having to do anything. From FedEx's tracking I can see that a delievery was attempted about twenty minutes ago and was probably left with the front office at my apartment complex. Initially, Apple listed the machine to ship "On or before 2/3/2005." Once the machine shipped FedEx listed a delivery time of 12:00 tomorrow (March 2).

So, they seem to shipping quickly enough.