Faster to preorder online today, or go to the store next week?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rbf1138, Sep 1, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Will my new touch arrive earlier if I order online with quick shipping, or if I wait till the day they usually get to the stores next week?

2. macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Preorder, Apples shipping is fast.

3. macrumors newbie

how long will it take for them to ship the new ipod touch approx? and do they continue the shipping on weekends or only in weekdays?

4. macrumors newbie

most likely pre-order.. they might even ship it out before the iPod Touch even hits the shelves.. like they did with the iPhone 4

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

for those w experience, will the touch come faster if I wait for the Apple store to get them, or next day shipping? how about 2 day shipping?

6. macrumors 6502

1 day shipping is September 10th, which is a Friday. 2 days will probably get you a Friday or Saturday date (I say probably because I'm not sure if FedEx delivers on Saturdays) and Free Shipping will get you a delivery between Friday and Tuesday (10th-14th).

7. macrumors member

i did 2-3 day shipping for $10.

8. macrumors member

If it's sent FedEx Home there is a good chance you can see a delivery on Saturday because those guys are sort of like independent contractors. I've even seen a few making deliveries on Sundays [rare occasions].

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ordered with 2 day shipping. If my store gets it in before it arrives, I'll just return the one I ordered online.