Fastest Apple Repair

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Linam, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Linam macrumors regular

Today I had my PB fixed in the Apple Store so they tell me we will call you when it is done, so I inquisitively ask when roughly and they say probably Wednesday evening. So I leave the shop come home and check my email, I got a repair confirmation. So I walk my dog and when I come back home I get an email saying I can come collect it.
    Done in 3 hours.

So what is your fastest (or longest) Apple Repair.

2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Thats about how long my one and only Apple Repair took. They told me it would take 4 days. :)

3. Linam thread starter macrumors regular

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

They replaced the hard drive and copied the data back over.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Called for box on Tuesday. Got the box on Wednesday. Dropped off at DHL on Thursday. Apple received it Friday. Apple sent it back out later Friday. Received my PowerBook on Monday. Had the weekend not been in the way, I would have only gone one whole day without my PowerBook, which would be pretty damn quick IMO

6. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Fastest repair: 30 seconds. It was a missing rubber foot on my iBook :p

But seriously, most things that break on my Mac I fix myself. Tends to be stuff like the hard drive, the CD drive, and not things like the logic board. And if my computer goes kaput, all the more reason to get a new one :D

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I had the LCD and lower casing on my Ti powerbook replaced for me within 24 hours under warranty. Was very impressed. Especially as I didn't even ask for them to replace the lower casing....

8. bartelby macrumors Core

When I had the logic board in my Powerbook replaced it took 3 weeks.
    When I picked it up the guy apologised for it taking so long but a local school had given them all their iBooks to be serviced in time for the new school year which was only 2 weeks away.