fastest upgrade card now faster than top of the line PowerMac!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by gopher, Jun 12, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

2. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

3. macrumors 65816

sorry, but i already posted on this over the weekend...

but fwiw, 1.467 ghz is not the actual chip speed (more correctly, it could be). it's the top end of a range that the chip you order may be in. however, again, fwiw giga no longer conciders over clocking an issue that voids warranty :)

matt

4. macrumors 65816

It's not dual so who cares. It is cool for lowly pre_gig macs tho.

5. macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

You posted, so obviously you care. As did the people who started threads about it. And considering you said it was cool for the thousands upon thousands of G4's out there with processors less than 1GHz, what's with the attitude?

6. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

7. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is great for the upgrade market, it really is a tuff choice new 970 or double what i have. A single 1.46 on a 133 bus should do very well. Cant do nothing though until i see the new powermac. I would suspect Doom3 will run on a single 1.46 which iwouldnt say about a single gig g4.

8. macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Actually I think this upgrade is very interesting. A single 1.4GHz G4 should be very fast these days already I am really considering to upgrade my 2nd G4 (a QS733) with it. The other G4 I have is a Dual 1GHz. The more I think about it, the more I am willing to postpone the purchase of a new Mac until next year, since business is going slow at the moment. And to shell out 4000 bucks just like that to buy new hardware isn't that easy these days... I'll wait and see how the new 970s will perform when they are out. But until then I'll play with my new QS1467 then! :D It should feel almost like a second DP1000, so with two machines like that I should be welll for a while! Adn that for 625$? Not too shabby! ;) And next year in summer I'll maybe have a 970 then... :cool:

groovebuster

9. macrumors 65816

pretty sure that was a joke, the reason for the whole 'lowly pre_gig' blah blah blah. most macs out there right now are prolly pre gig machines...

joke?

sarcasm?

i thought it was funny anyways.

matt