fat club

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by itcheroni, Jun 9, 2006.

1. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

I just came back from Penney's with 4 black wifebeaters with the intention of eliminating my farmer's tan. When trying it on and seeing myself in the mirror, I realized I have the kind of body renaissance artists would have loved to have had as a subject-a female subject. I've got love handles and a huge rack. That's just the way fat is distributed on my body, I guess. I spend a lot of time at the gym but it's mostly just lifting weights. I've just recently started throwing in some cardio for this reason but now I realize I've got to kick it up a notch.

Anyone care to join me in seeing how much fat we can lose in 30 days? It'll have to be a rough guess because I don't want to go through the hassle of measuring my fat. Let's just agree to eat a constant healthy diet with exercise and count weight loss as fat loss.

I'm currently 171-172 and aiming for 160 lbs. I don't want to lose too much, I like being a little thick.

So who's with me? I was going to do this anyway but it'd be nice to have company.

2. vniow macrumors G4

If you start losing some of that can you send some my way pleeze? :p

3. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wish I could. It's the hardest thing for me to get rid of. Even when I weighed 135 lbs and ran 7 miles a day in high school, I still had a little bit of fat there.

Anyways, I made a very convincing girl on Halloween when I was 17. My friend's parents didn't know I was a guy for about half an hour and my manuerisms are not at all feminine.

4. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I'm with you. I want to lose 30 pounds eventually, and get a good start in 30 days. We can motivate each other.

5. x86 macrumors regular

x86

Maybe you should post a before and after photo, then you can say "I lost ten pounds on the MacRumor diet!" :)

6. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

If someone else does it with me, I'll post a shirtless photo to with in a month. But be warned, I'm quite pasty in my problem areas, hence my desire to get some color. Plus I've heard that sun helps against fat somehow.

Let's go for it. Set a realistic goal and we'll give each other updates.

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Sun = vitamin D = better metabolism = less fat :) (or so I believe)

I should probably start going to the gym again...:eek:

8. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

The hubby and I can join in. He's got a few pounds he could shed and so do I. I've been working on losing my butt and it's being very stubborn. I hope I don't end up losing my rack instead. :D

9. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ain't nothing wrong big a bigger butt, only something right.

So, Day One tomorrow, Day 30 on...July 9th. What are you guys aiming for?

10. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I just lost 20 pounds over the last two months, using the Slim Fast knockoffs they sell at Costco, half of a Zone Perfect bar when I start feeling tired for a snack, and the Jack in the Box southwest pita for dinner (only 300 calories).

Though after two months I'm quite tired of pitas.

11. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

12. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I'm hoping for 5-10 lbs. Nothing drastic. Just want to trim. The hubby should start for 10 lbs.

13. emw macrumors G4

emw

Perhaps we should ask him where you should start...

;) :p

14. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

haha i know what you mean, as i am freakishly skinny. (and no i do not have a eating disorder)

15. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Per the Indian/Hindu/Punjabi/I'm not sure after-wedding tradition of the bride and groom searching for the ring in a bowl of milk I wear the pants in this family. I found the ring so what I say goes. ;) :p :D Although, I'm sure he'll be getting on soon and responding to this thread with his own thoughts shortly...

16. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Uh...yeah....I'm not going to get baited into answering that one...:D

17. emw macrumors G4

emw

Probably for the best. You might lose more than that 10 pounds. :p

18. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Fine... he can set the limit, but he does lose weight a lot more quickly than I do so 10 pounds should be doable, I think. Just a suggestion. :D

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That's your problem right there.

Doesn't sound too heavy to me, unless you're like 5'5" or something.

20. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

how tall are you?

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just lifting weight won't get you anywhere dude. You have to mix it up a bit and eat right(the key right there)....Walking/running is an excellent fat burner.

Bless

22. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I'd like to lose 5-10lbs, but I don't need to really, although it wouldn't make me unhealthfully small. (I'm currently 130 and 5'6") It'd just be nice to loose a tad, but I'm just going to try to walk more and do a bit more physical activity with a little less stupid/bored/late night summer snacking. I'd like to get to the next size down if possible....

EDIT: And I really should run more, too. Running is a great thing for my buddy, if I can force myself to do it... :eek:

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A ski machine or cross country skiing burns the most calories per minute. That and jump rope....
    check out caloriesperhour.com and you can find how many calories you burn doing just about anything...even sex and office meetings. Not all at once of course. ;)

Also, 3500 calories per pound so in order to lose a pound a week you have to cut 3500 out of your diet whether you burn it or just don't eat it. But it should be a mixture of both.

24. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Im in. I gained ten pounds during finals time. time to shed it off. If I could lose 20 lbs in all I would be very happy.

25. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

GO ORGANIC!

BE A VEGETARIAN!

w00t w00t!!!

power to the fit ! :D

i love being a health freak *hearts*