Fat guy + Ibook = squished

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by big, Jun 3, 2002.

1. big macrumors 65816

Feb 20, 2002
    somebody "sat" on my Ibook, anyone know where I could buy a used screen for cheap?
  2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    That's a new one. :D In high school somebody "sat" on my Arnettes and you can bet he had to pay for it! (I'm genuinely surprised he did, but hey...) So this guy's gonna pay for it, right? If that's the case, just go to Apple. :p

Wait... your username.. that "somebody" wasn't you, was it? ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D
  3. big thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 20, 2002
    I actually weigh in @ 175...(for those keeping the "what Macrumor Users look like book") what if a clam shell screen could be disected and put into the existing Ibook screen?

apple quoted me $700! so I may have a new file server, & at least this one has monitor support (though what's the purpose of a lap top?)

my local mac guy is gonna price me something, just need to find a cheap screen. and the fault lies in two people really, it was behind the bench seat in my pickup.
  4. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    Have you tried searching on google for something like "ibook lcd screen replacement" or something like that? I'm sure you'll find plenty of places that offer a service, perhaps cheaper than what apple quoted.

And the moral of the story: don't sit on you laptop :D :D
  5. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
    Don't use a clamshell ibook's screen!!! That 12.1 only goes up to 800x600, while the dual usb ibooks go up to 1024x768.

My suggestion, sell it on ebay for parts, and go buy a used 600 combo drive. Sorry bro...

P.S Hunt that bastard down an force copies of Windows XP down his throat.
  6. big thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 20, 2002
    dear god...he swears by that software! I see now-its an obvious dupe by a mac hater.

though this experience should begin a great joke...

so a devote windows user and an ibook get into a pickup truck

what's fuzzy & black w/ cracks all over? an Ibook on (under) XP
  7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    be glad it wasn't a TiBook...a cool $1000 to replace the screen...:eek: