Fate of the Airport?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tyguy01234, Aug 30, 2005.

1. tyguy01234 macrumors newbie

I am in a dorm now and I would like to have wireless in my dorm room for a few reasons. 1) being I would really like to just be able to move about (and primarily lay on my bed) and surf the web since without the web there really is not point to my computer usage. 2) I would like me and my roomate to be able to play music using our stereo and from either computer. And obviously airport express would enable us to do this.

Now I would purchase it BUT I remember hearing rumors that updates were soon on the Airport Express stations. I this has held me off because any bit of money is a lot to me, a student, and so I would not want to buy something at full price only to have it drop signifigantly due to being out of date. So I would rather wait a little while (a month or so) for either a cheaper price of the current model, or the same price for the new cool model (maybe a remote!?)

So I was just pretty much polling or wondering if anyone knew or had an inclination as to whether or not an update was upon us soon?

Thank you,
    TM

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nothing concrete but maybe wait until after the Paris Expo. If it's not updated then, go grab one. For the record, I don't think it'll be properly updated until 802.11N is finalised. :)

3. ph0rce macrumors 6502

lets hope for an upgrade later at the expo i guess... I wuit like them though i don't think it would work to well in my current set up. I'm still in the process of getting rid of PCs that i don't use :D

The remote would be cool, is if could be programed to do every thing then that would be super! maybe just a slab of white with a layor of glass that adapts what it says so you can use it for everything. then a docking station on your wall that you charge it up in :D yey :)