1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Faulty iBook LCD? (pics included)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Peter Griffin, Sep 20, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if I have a defect. The iBook came like this appx. 2 weeks ago and I've done nothing to damage it afaik (no dropping). It's basically been used more as a desktop than laptop.

Attached you can find, in the first set, pictures of what I assume to be an LCD pushed back. You can see light leaking out of the right side.

The other set of pictures show a dark corner at the bottom right of the screen. I understand uneven lighting to be normal for iBooks, but along with this I have a dark patch following the bright right corner. The picture doesn't really do it justice but I hope you get the jist of what I'm talking about.

Do I have a defect?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

I never had an iBook so I can't compare, but none of my previous laptops ever looked like that.

3. macrumors newbie

i have the same thing (every pic = same with mine), but it never bothered me. only evident when u got a single color wallpaper.

had it for 2 weeks

4. macrumors regular

It's really evident for me when I read any webpage that uses a white background like MF. The dark patch that is.

5. macrumors 6502

in my experiences, it's always best to take it to an apple store to see what they say about it. i mean, they're the ones with the final word about an exchange or what have you...

6. macrumors 6502a

bursty

Nothing like that on mine. I would take it to Apple. I'm sure they will be reasonable about the situation.