faulty or twisted screen/lid on MBP????????

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bazzakite, Apr 27, 2006.

1. bazzakite macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2005
    I've just purchased a MBP but there seems to be a slight bow in the top edge of the lid/screen!

It's noticeable when you close the lid and the corners don't seem to sit flush. Here's some pics attached and at

It's most noticeable on the right hand side (3rd and 4th pics) where the gap is larger than on the left hand side.
    The latch to close the lid doesn't seem to work that well either - maybe it was damaged during transport.

Is this just the way they are or do I have a claim to make???

Thanks for your advice.

Attached Files:

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    It is perfectly normal. As long as your screen isn't broken, it isn't a problem.
    This happens very very often on 15" Powerbooks/MacBook Pros. It's best if you learn to ignore it. If you're having trouble closing the latch, it's recommended that you go to the apple store and have it checked out. Though, closing the screen usually requires a firm, quick closing motion, so keep this in mind.
  3. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

Oct 31, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    as has already been said. it's a non-issue. all MacBook Pros i have seen are like this.:)
  4. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    No issue. But doesn't a little thing like that drive you crazy?

The battery on my 12" PB isn't flush with the chassis by about a millimeter. You'd think somebody had cut off my left testicle with a popsicle stick.

5. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2006
    It's annoying but yes mine is exactly like that. Took me a little while to learn to ignore it. Still, no problems with the screen.