Faux News Channel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, so I'm sitting down tonight watching Countdown with Keith Olberman, and he's telling about an instance wherein Fox News either accidentally :rolleyes: or purposely put out false news on the internet.

It has to do with a fake news story in which a post-debate John Kerry preens about his appearance.

Olberman then continued to tell a second story about a Fox News story which interviewed a member of the group Communists for Kerry. According to Olberman, Fox believed the group was real, and wrote it that way on the internet, when in fact Communists for Kerry is a parody group funded by Republicans.

I checked it out on the internet myself, and it does look like Olberman's wrong on this one. When you read for Fox News article, it seems clear they knew that they were being put on by the Communists for Kerry people.

Nevertheless, regarding the first instance, I wonder if Fox News is going to be quite as cocky now about criticizing CBS.

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hipocracy at it's finest. People keep making mistakes, everybody gets blamed, nobody takes responsibility. Meanwhile, the candidates suffer while people hate them for things that aren't true. But it's ok for them to slander Kerry, because CBS slandered Bush. :rolleyes:

When I watch the news, I want the news. Not your opinion. I shouldn't know what you think or how you feel about something like this.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Of course, I noticed diamond geezer's similar thread after I already started this one.

That's what I get for posting at 2:00 in the morning (my time). :eek: