Fav DVD Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Dec 17, 2002.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

This thread is inspired by a post from pimentoloaf in the LOTR:Two Towers thread where he stated the following easter egg:
    Got the Extended DVD? Put the second disc in, highlight Fan Credits (#48), then move your mouse (I'm assuming you watch flicks on your Mac) to the lower right corner. When the Two Towers' icon appears, click it. You'll see the trailer for tomorrow's movie.

My first one will be for the first season of Twin Peaks DVD:
    There are nine eggs in this four-disc set, all keyed to a fire symbol. There is one for each of the 7 episodes, and they're accessed like so: At the episode's main menu, select 'Episode Features' and press Enter. Now use your Up key and notice a fire symbol appear in the upper left corner. Hit enter again and you find a short video interview with the director (or in one case director and writer) of the episode you've chosen. These interviews are much like the informal chats with the cast that can be found in the Twin Peaks Directory on disc 4. Which is also where you can find the last two eggs, in the Special Features section (here entitled 'Tibet'. Once you've entered the section, use the Up arrow, the fire symbol appears, and Entering will take you to the DVD credits. The last egg can be found by paging through the credits to the page that begins "Three Legged Cat Productions thanks Madchen Amick...". Hit your Up key, the fire symbol appears, hit Enter. You're treated to some scenes from a very silly video production called "Specter's Rock", which features Michael Anderson (The Little Man From Another Place in 'Twin Peaks')

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'm getting RJ the set for christmas, so i'm saving all this.. way cool, thanks for posting it!!!

:)
    pnw

3. medea thread starter macrumors 68030

medea

no problem, here is my second one, its for the 2 disc set for Amelie:
    Select Disc 2 and from the main menu you need to enter the section titled 'The Station'. Here you see the layout of a foyer of a train station. You are given the option at the top of the screen of 'Teaser' or 'Trailer'. Underneath the heading marked 'Trailer' you'll be able to see Amelie's father's gnome. Press 'Down' on your remote and you land on the gnome who is then launched into space to commence his travels. You are then able to view his postcards from the locations he visits around the world. It's not the most exciting thing ever, but it's a sweet addition that fits perfectly with the tone of the film.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

the gnome!!!!!!!! Lol, that was a funny part of the movie. I have
    got to do that to someone. Not my parents though. My next-door
    neighboors or something :D.

5. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

I actually make DVD's for a living and wonder if anyone ever finds some of the easter eggs we make. I've hidden stuff for producers where they forgot that it was even there untill months later when I have to show them how to get to it.

My personal favorite, as far as content is on disc two of Snatch, with the right arrow selected, up, right, enter, then answer no. If you have the dvd go watch it now.

Oh yeah, here's a decent place to find some...
    http://www.dvdreview.com/html/hidden_features.shtml

Okay, If you don't have Snatch, and you should since it's a great movie, the feature is all the cursewords and gunshots from the movie edited together into a 90 second sequence which is a lot funnier than I make it sound.

6. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Ya know... :eek:

You shoulda told me about this rather than having me happen to notice it off the MacRumors main page... :)

But, while I'm here, could ya boldface my quote up there? Please??

it's not an ego thing. really.

really -- it isn't.

7. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

I was wunderin'...

Even with a mouse able to click anywhere on the screen, d'ya have to press the li'l arrows on DVD Player's control to get this stuff?

8. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Not always. Most of the time the mouse will do it, but there's a sneaky way to make buttons that can't be seen by the mouse. I've made a couple that were invisible unless you used the correct arrow key sequence.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Ahh! this was effing (effing, effing effing effing) funny... goodie goodie gumdrops...

wonderful EE, thx for posting it! gotta love british cursing...

Incidently, clicking "yes" bleeps everything in the clips, which is kind of funny in it's own right...

The only EE i can think of, off hand is in Moulin Rouge, i think on disc 2 you click the little faierie in the corner to see a trailer or something. Anyone clarify? hehe

:)
    pnw

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0