Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I'm up to season three so those who have seen four will have more material to draw from but what do you think? Who is the most interesting character? Is it the loathsome Merle, who derives such evil glee from his work but does good in the end? Is it Rick who sometimes makes questionable decisions and is slowly going crazy but won't relinquish leadership? Is it the deadly antihero Michonne? How about the wily, smooth talking Govnuh who seems to have nine lives?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Carl for one. His character has developed and emerged into something both twisted and intriguing. I've always liked Hershel because he is just a voice of reason and a badass for surviving a bite.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I agree. I actually like Rick in the series also.

I like most of the characters except the late Shawn and late Lori. I'm on the fence with Carl to be honest. I want to give a shout out to Hershel, Michoone, Glenn, Rick, the late Dale, the late T-Dog, and Maggie.. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.. Oh, like I said before The Governor! I hate that guy!!!

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
martinez! he didn't seem like an important character at first, but he did vaguely reveal a background story that had me very intrigued. he's dependable, strong, and a lot smarter than 50% of the other cast (i'm looking at you andrea). hopefully he ends up playing a big role in the coming season.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Darryl :cool:. Andrea's also my favorite since the beginning. She was pretty annoying this season but still a bad ass! Finale was sad...

Last edited:

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I'd have to say its a toss up between Daryl & Glenn. Daryl just for being the down right gritty, ruthless hunter.
Glenn for his knowledge & his developing killer instincts. That scene where Merle let a walker loose in the room where he was tied to a chair..... That. scene. was. Insane.

firstrev360

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Fave TWD Character

I'm up to season three so those who have seen four will have more material to draw from but what do you think? Who is the most interesting character? Is it the loathsome Merle, who derives such evil glee from his work but does good in the end? Is it Rick who sometimes makes questionable decisions and is slowly going crazy but won't relinquish leadership? Is it the deadly antihero Michonne? How about the wily, smooth talking Govnuh who seems to have nine lives?

Daryll and Michonne :)

designs216

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Carl for one. His character has developed and emerged into something both twisted and intriguing. I've always liked Hershel because he is just a voice of reason and a badass for surviving a bite.

Carl -- I hadn't even considered him. Pretty stony acting skills but how much can one expect from a kid? Then again, Jaden Smith seems to be doing well for himself with a very limited palette. What is striking to me is not so much his portrayal but how the writers have shown this boy make a jarring leap to manhood in order to survive in an ultra cruel world. It so unforgiving in fact that most adults don't last long and to see children is very rare indeed. This leap and the things he's seen along the way have made him a bit feral and twisted which of course is disturbing for the viewer to see in a child.

Hershel is an anchor and also a toughguy -- the shock from amputating a limb alone would have killed many. Aside from keeping a barnful of walkers, he's an island of sanity and the one person who can bring Rick to heel. He's also invaluable to the group as he has medical training.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Second. I still can't believe they killed off the characters they killed off this season. Actually it's all most inexcusable.

Merl was a character people loved to hate. He was tough as nails but kept painting himself further into the corner by alienating everyone, including his brother and remaining ally. That final, poignant scene where Daryl realizes Merl has been bitten was great writing.

I'm going to miss Andrea too as she's been with us since early on. I think it was a good decision to write her out though because we've become so invested -- it lends a sense of realism when even series main-stays are not invincible. The show is renowned for white-knuckle, edge-of-the-seat scenarios and the last between her and Milton was one of the best so far.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hershel is an anchor and also a toughguy -- the shock from amputating a limb alone would have killed many. Aside from keeping a barnful of walkers, he's an island of sanity and the one person who can bring Rick to heel. He's also invaluable to the group as he has medical training.

I thought I read a rumor that Scott Wilson, the actor who portrays Hershel wanted off the show. Will be interesting to see how they handle that. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.