Favorite Canned Soup?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gwuMACaddict, Oct 25, 2005.

1. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

It's getting colder here... in fact, right around 50degrees F today and rainy... gross! (Guess it's preparing me for being in London this weekend :D )

Anyway, I microwaved a bowl of Campbell's Soup for lunch... Felt like a soup day. It's Chunky Classic Chicken Noodle...

It's not bad, but not great...

Give me some good canned soups to get me through the winter at work when I don't feel like bringing in my own from home!

:D

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what about not canned ones, but ones that are in a little paper thing that you add boiling water to? i assume those work...

there is a great cous cous and lentil soup from fantastic (i think) and a great veggie chili (not "soup", but similar enough)... forget the chili brand. mmmm they sound good

3. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Definitly feels like a soup day. The problem is here on campus they usually have crappo soup. I hate tomato. I love Bean with Bacon and Chicken noodle. I also love the chunky soups...with oyster crackers ahhhhh mmmmm

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

5. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Cream of Mushroom for condesnsed soups. Love the stuff.

But nowadays there's all those canned soups that you don't need to add water to. Those tend to be pretty good quality and I've tried a bunch of them I've really like. The campells one with chicken and wild rice is particularly good.

The most common soup for me though is beef top ramen with Cholula hot sauce and fresh ground pepper.

6. Aaon macrumors 6502

Nothing beats a hearty black bean soup with a touch of salsa and sour cream. The Cuban Black Bean at Panera Bread is pretty tasty, if you have a Panera Bread in your area.

7. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Classic Chicken Noodle...don't really know about company names.

8. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I like tomato and mushroom from campbell's. You might also want to try the cream of someyounguy(work while speakin but not while typing, eehhh thought I'd give it a shot lol):D

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

campbell's cream of mushroom made with milk.
    there are also some thai soups in a bag that are quite tasty and spicy.
    anything with curry in it.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I like Campbell's 'select' line... more specifically? The 'chicken and rice' or the 'roasted chicken w/ long grain rice.'

Attached Files:

11. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I sometimes like chili in a can, but I'm not sure I could classify that as soup. You know, the stuff you eat with a spork.

12. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Dollar store!!!

There's this Progresso Vegetable select soup that I get for 99 cents a can at the 99 cent store, verus like $1.50 at Kroger!
    HAAA!

Progresso tomato and progresso bean = YUM!!!!

I'd say I'm a gourmand, but I really know that I 'm just a glutton. :eek:

13. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I used to like soup in a can, but my wife has altered my eating habits enough that I can't eat it any more. My wife's superpower is that she can taste even the smallest amounts of salt, so as a result we don't put salt on anything. After a couple years of the new lower sodium diet (I still eat chips and stuff like that though), those canned soups just taste too salty to me.

Still, I used to like the chicken and rice ones. And the lentils one was one of my favorites.

(My superpower, by the way, is the ability to fall asleep instantly in any moving vehicle.)

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Psst, I actually water mine down. :eek:
    That can't be your superpower because that is mine!!!

15. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Either chicken noodle or vegetarian chili served over rice and veggies. great quick dinner after getting home from a 7.30pm class (that's when the class ends).

16. gwuMACaddict thread starter macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

nope- canned chili is ok too... looking for decently healthy, warm options that i can eat with spoons:D

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

It sounds like we'll have to have a duel.

I'll meet you on a loud bumpy bus next time I'm in [edit] the Bay area.

18. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm a big fan of the Campbell's Chunky brand. New England style clam chowder is a favourite, with grilled cheese. Also enjoy just normal tomato soup made with milk served with a grilled cheese.

19. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Asda chicken noodle soup with a few shakes of white pepper.... oh yes please

OR

Home made chicken and sweetcorn soup and prawn crackers

20. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Minnestrone!
    Much better home made - the canned soups are too salty.

21. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

oh boy, i think... heheh

im going to wet my pants...

spork

thats friggin genius

22. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Only $1.50 at Kroger? I was checking prices when my parents moved and they wanted $2.94 for the same Progresso soup that's $1.99 at Publix here and I can usually get it for $1.50 on sale.

Campbell's Chunky New England (White) Clam Chowder or Progresso Minestrone (original recipe) or Baxter's Game Soup or Lobster Bisque.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Soup is very soothing in the Fall and Winter. I will admit that homemade is the best, my wife is a great cook.

Back on topic though. It would be Cream of Broccoli, Mushroom, or Tomato; yummy.

24. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Oh. I don't know exactly how much it is full price, but I get it for 99 cents! huzzah! I win either way.

What's a Publix?

25. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Progresso Roasted Chicken Italiano (which strangely enough is a different soup than Progresso Grilled Chicken Italiano).