Favorite Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Ok all last week at my dorm i asked everyone what their favorite christmas special was ...
    Mine is easily the Muppet Family Christmas Special
    It has muppets, Sesame Street characters , Fraggles and more. Theres a dvd out now with a cut version but look for it on the hallmark channel its really great in the proper mindset. A close second would have to be the cartoon of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. So what are you favorite christmas specials?

technically I mean holiday special of course not limited to those about chrismas

2. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I really enjoy the Mickey Mouse and friends adaptation of A Christmas Carol. I think you can buy that on VHS/DVD but am not sure.. otherwise the Disney channel is a safe bet.

Garfield is also really good too... as well as the California Raisins Christmas Special (Claymation) that no one seems to ever heard of.. or has seen.. I'd really like to see a clip or something if anyone has one.. I haven't seen it in forever.

3. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Jeez, so many to choose from.

In recent times, I still really enjoy Beavis Butthead do Christmas and Blackadder's Christmas Carol. I have a sentimental attachment to the one with Heat Mizer and Cold Mizer, because it wasn't shown for so many years, but when I did see it again recently I realized it wasn't that good. The (animated) Grinch is very enjoyable, as well.

Charlie Brown would have to be my favorite. The original and reigning champion. Low-key, fabulous music and great lines (Linus' sermon at the end is what Christmas is all about). A winner all around.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I think that It's A Wonderful Life and N.L. Christmas Vacation are perfect to get in the Christmas Spirit. I also like White Christmas.

7. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Good point with the story of Jesus' birth being the most important, but the original Grinch is the most entertaining for me...

and the original Frosty, and Rudolf are great too.

8. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

YES- this one is my favorite too. Especially his rant after he gets the letter from his boss about his Christmas bonus :p

"It's a Wonderful Life" is also a goodie, and the Peanuts Christmas Special I always look forward to.

9. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

How about the Garfield christmas? great show. They go out to Jon's parents farm, garfield makes odie the back scratcher, classic.