Favorite Dasboard Widget

Discussion in 'macOS' started by akelakk, May 25, 2005.

1. akelakk macrumors newbie

What is your favorite Dashboard widget?

I think the radio is good.

@:)

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I use the weather.com widget the most, and then the dictionary..I also use the world clocks a lot (three) so I know what time of day or night it is for some of the posters here.

3. Chimera macrumors 6502

Since I have lots of exams coming up the new iCal Events (v2) widget is great for a quick summary of how long I have left to revise :( and the design is really good too, so it is definately my current favourite and most looked at.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

That's exactly how I have mine set up! :D

My favourite Widget though is the weather one – I know it's nothing vital or incredibly useful (I can see what the weather is like by looking out the window, after all), but it's fun and that's the main thing!

5. akelakk thread starter macrumors newbie

Living in Norway I cant get he weather to work.
    The converter is useful.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My ISP made a widget to show me how much quota I've used and how much I have to go etc. That is the greatest, but the weather widget and the VersionTracker widget are close behind. That's not the 'official' VT widget by the way, it's a simple search widget which is much better.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I like the weather widget the most - its the one I use more often than the others. The Stock Widget is pretty cool as well....

D

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Yup, Apple is almost up to 40 again. :)

Google - $256.00 a share?!?!?

9. gangst macrumors 6502a

Being a teenager, I have to get the train here and there a lot and I like a widget i downloaded called 'trains', it can find the next train leaving from any station, arriving times etc., its really helpful

10. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I use Wikity Widget (I think thats what its called, I'm not at my Mac right now) to take notes. But mostly I "use" the Reversi widget.

I'm glad they finally made a Netflix widget but the thing is too big!

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have to go three way on Ben Kazez' iCal widget, US Weather+ and iComic. :)

12. russed macrumors 68000

russed

the weather one - but its never really acurate!

13. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Certainly not in the UK. It's really frustrating since if you go to accuweather, you can set your default weather to your postcode (which is more accurate) and you can ID the location code that accuweather.com uses; for the UK, it's something like EUR;UK;PLACENAME. But although that will work in widget for the larger cities (like London), it won't work with the towns. So the weather is in the accuweather.com website (and available under the 'Welcome Apple Users' server) but you still can't get it! :mad:

Favourite widget... I'm not sure I can choose. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep all the ones I want active with limited screen space. The Dashwidget widget that turns widgets on and off might be my next download!

14. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    I managed to get it to my local town (not Basingstoke, despite what the left panel says), and helplessly enough, I can't remember how I did it (twice, for 2 different profiles :( ).

15. friarbayliff macrumors regular

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

weather, countdown, and baseball scores (2 instances)

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

This is currently my favorite widget. Brilliantly designed by our own redeye_be this widget keeps me from having to constantly reload my stats page. Future improvements should make it even better.

Start folding today so you too can use this wonderful widget.

18. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I also love the foldingwidget, and according to the maker the functionality will be expanded soon. Soon I can check my stats and see when atszyman overtakes me... :mad:

19. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I am sure you can... they have 179 cities that are availible in Norway (I counted, but give or take a couple). Type the city name, in english, then comma and Norway... hit the enter key and wait a couple of seconds. Try it. You dont say where your from.. or I would have tried it for you.

20. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just press the little I in the lower right corner. Type in kristiansand and press enter, and the widget confirms with Kristiansand, Norway. Change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Press done (ikke noe problem ;)):

Attached Files:

21. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My favorite Widget, by the way, has to be the Dictionary Widget. Not speaking English natively I used to look up words in "The Oxford Guide to the English Language" all the time, but since updating to Tiger I haven't touched the book, Dashboard has made the paper edition obsolete. :D

Attached Files:

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I don't have tiger installed yet (too chicken), but if I did, and when I do, the very first widget I will download is that award winning (yes award winning) Folding Widget! . It is my favorite widget ever!

I have bequethed, the semi weekly, "darn good job building sumthin" award to redeye_be, for his fancy Fold'n Widget. Congratulations to him/her for the prestigious, and most coveted A-ward!

Attached Files:

23. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

ROFL...now *that* makes *me* blush! :eek: