Favorite Desk recomendations for Mac Pro with 30"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by YoYoMa, Dec 21, 2006.

1. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

I could really use a new desk and since it's something I know I'll be keeping for a long long time I was hoping to get a few recommendations.

What are some desks out there that have really caught your eye? Or perhaps if you own a great desk, post a pic and mention the price if you think it was a great value.

I'm looking for something rather large. I want to have room to spare to put some books, do some writing, and maybe throw a USB keyboard up while recording, as well as the 30" screen. Im also looking for more of a modern look than a classic wooden desk design.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I love my Z-line glass desk that I got at Staples....plenty of room for my 30" ACD, stereo speakers, two external HDs, box of Kleenex, Wacom Intuos tablet, scratch pad, Lexar firewire CF card reader......

3. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, that's a beautiful setup. That's kind of the style of desk I'm thinking of but I'm going to need a bit more room because I can't place the computer on the floor. I was thinking I'd need an L shape but after seeing how much room you have I might just beable to get away with a longer glass table type.

Thanks for the pic, and again, that's a beautiful setup.

4. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

ya, desks just don't seem big enough for the 30… or two! :eek:
    So I got a confrence table from ifurn.com!
    Even the large desks are small when you get 30's going with pro speakers and dv decks and what-not. :eek: