Favorite Feature in Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wrxguy, Jul 9, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I am pretty new to Macs and i was wondernit what your favorite feature is in Tiger, this is so i can learn more about it and how to better use it to its full potential....

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Spotlight, searching in general, its a good thing to do on the forums as well ;) :rolleyes: :p

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Now that I've used Tiger enough to have found a favorite feature, I choose Spotlight. I don't use the saved search (smart folder) feature much, but I do like being able to search for stuff quickly at any time.

6. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I have to say the same thing. It's so hard to choose which one is more useful and time-saving.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

RSS support in Safari. Awesome implementation of an old concept... :)

8. itchster macrumors member

Spotlight, either for files or odd apps that i use sometimes but don't want on my dock :D i Really like it for the odd apps :D

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

RSS in safari :p

But can i say Expose because i use it 100 times more than any of the big improvements in Tiger

10. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Everyone seems to be down on dashboard, as they don't use it nearly as much as they expected. I still use it multiple times a day, and I got Tiger the day it was released. So that's my pick.

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Expose. My favorite feature in Panther and my favorite feature in Tiger...

12. Jody macrumors regular

I wish you could configure spotlight to give you relevant web search results as well... that would really make it rock

13. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I like the dashboard, its a pretty cool new feature....Unfortunatly i havent found Spotlight very useful this may be because i keep my computer very organised and know where to find most things....

I have found no use whatsoever for automater (sorry fans)

Expose i have to say has to be one of the most genius ideas for Mac's ever especially when you have a small screen....But thats not a new feature..

made me realise how I hardly use any of the new features.....SHame really i should go and figure out how to use automater properly...

SHadoW :p

14. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I like Spotlight just so I can type a few letters instead of clicking the mouse.

15. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

16. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

spotlight and dashboard.

and great googly moogly, how I still love you, exposé. I haven't forgotten about you, but you're SO 10.3 hehe.

17. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Here are some of my favorites (Yeah I know that you only asked for one but overall you want to know about multiple features.):

Oxford American Dictionary - Hover over any word in just about every Application and get a definition immediately. Talk about awesome.

Dashboard - Very useful and visually enhancing. Each Widget has a specific usage and therefore is fast, efficient and easy to use.

Slideshow - Just right-click (or ctrl+click with a 1-button mouse) on any image (or select multiple images) in Finder and select the Slideshow option from the contextual menu. My favorite part of the Slideshow feature is the index sheet option that zooms in and out of images much like Exposé.

Grapher - You might not know it but Tiger has a 3D graphing calculator Application built-in named "Grapher." It is really cool but hasn't been talked about much.

Spotlight - As Apple puts it "Find anything, anywhere, fast" on your system.

18. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Try looking in my sig for my top tiger tip.
    One of the best things in tiger.

19. ----Bowie---- macrumors regular

20. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Automator and Dashboard tied

I'm not using Spotlight all that much - probably since I'm pretty organised anyhow and use Quicksilver already.

21. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Ditto

22. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Hard to say since the number of bugs everywhere really limit my enthusiasm for Tiger.

I would Spotlight, but it really needs the bugs nailed out (Spotlight doesn't find everything) and the UI needs to allow us to tap the real power of search without learning some Microsoft-esque query language.

23. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

=)

my fav as well.