Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I use Trebuchet and Bernardmod, but its not on the MR list. Its the same font Mercedes uses for their adds. Very elegant and clean imo.

:cool:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I use the font fit for the job... although time and time again, I do come back to Adobe Caslon, Stone Serif, Frutiger, Franklin Gothic, Bembo, Helvetica Neue, Gill Sans, Optima... solid workhorses.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
For large portions of text I actually prefer Skia, a nice clean font from our favourite computer company. I've always liked that font, and use it "everywhere".

For headlines: Whatever seems appropriate for the situation...

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 232

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i guess my favorite is myriad pro semi-bold semi-extended, but like a couple others have said: whatever works for the situation.
and for web i ususally use verdana or garamond(obviously with alternates listed)

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Blue Velvet said:
I use the font fit for the job... although time and time again, I do come back to Adobe Caslon, Stone Serif, Frutiger, Franklin Gothic, Bembo, Helvetica Neue, Gill Sans, Optima... solid workhorses.

Other than Franklin Gothic and Stone Serif, those are pretty much staples for me too.

I'm usually attracted to the various (with some exceptions) Garamonds out there. Garamond Narrow and Premier pro come to mind. But I absolutely love Stempel Garamond (Bold Oldstyle).

For Japanese, without question I go with Hiragino Mincho Pro (W3).

Edit: Must add Bodoni to the mix. =)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
From an old thread... ;)

I'm very much a fan of clean sans-serifs, such as Helvetica, Univers (55 and 65), Avant Garde and Akzidenz Grotesk...

To which I'll also add Futura. ;)

When it comes to serifs, well Bembo is probably my favourite, clean and elegant, and nicely weighted, especially at smaller point sizes.

I'll also add Lucida Grande to that too, as mentioned by Mike Teezie in that thread. ;)

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Stone Serif, Helvetica Neue, Univers, Garamond, Times, Futura, all very common but solid fonts. And I agree with Jaffa Cake, the best designed letter of the alphabet is a serif lowercase g.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I didn't even know I needed a favorite font, so now I'm feeling inadequate...

Most font decisions for me (as an engineer/scientist) come down to 'what do I use in this technical presentation?'. As a result, I end up usually using Helvetica or Gill Sans, always sans serifs since I think they project better onto a screen.

Any suggestions for my next presentation that I may want to try out?

Cheers.

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
I'm a fan of clean, crisp sans fonts. In design work I tend towards Futura (which I usually double space to lighten the weight), Myriad or Helvetica Neue Ultralight (which I also tend to double space).

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
For most of my assignments I really liked ... *cowers* Papyrus. For lab reports I usually use either Baskerfield Old Face or Garamond. For scripting I use HansHand, for tight spaces I use Gill Sans Light.

I hadn't used Skia before, it looks like a good alternative to the Papyrus I've been using ...

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
One of the fonts that i just used in a recent design was made by House Industries. Its font family name is called Chalet. My design was kind of a retro 70s design, the goal of the design was to try and come up with a new marketing campaign for Faygo (Pop, Soda, Cola, whatever you call it). I think the font worked well with what i came up with.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 121

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Times New Roman, simply because I am a student and this is the preferred font, thus I am used to it. Apart from that it's not that bad, easy on the eyes.

turbopants

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
Chicago
I'm a big fan of Futura, and I also like a pixel font called FFF Harmony, which looks really nice and clear at an 8 pt size

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
I've been on a huge Myriad and Bembo kick. (I really dig the swoopy tail in the letter 'R'). And honestly, MrsEaves has been growing on me. But my favorite has to be using a super-thick black weight next to a very-thin light weight.

I like the fill half of Rosewood, but it's becoming so overused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.