Favorite old schools mac game

Discussion in 'Community' started by manitoubalck, Nov 9, 2003.

1. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

For me can't go past, the original 'Prince of Persia' Lemmings and 'Load Runner'

what are your thought's

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Prince of persia 1 and 2 were great games. Lode Runner: The legend returns was pretty sweet too. I also love the really old school games like fools errand, 3 in three, dungeon of doom, and harrier strike mission 2, which im desperately trying to find a copy of....

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Spectre Supreme

'nuf said

Would love to see it for Mac OS X!

4. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I love the old Oregon Trail. We played all the time at my elementary school on their Macintosh Classic II's (Which were brand new and state of the art at the time). Ahhh, memories.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Moon Patrol on my IIe (5 1/4" floppy still intact) :)

6. howard macrumors 68020

howard

prince of persia sure was a fantastic game..and i aways thought they should do a port of that and worms to os x

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i had a tank game called resilon on my IIe. still works. i love my IIe.

8. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

OIDS, Shufflepuck, Vette, SimCity, Glider...the list could go on and on but these top five occupied the majority of my time on our Macintosh Classic.

9. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Excuse me if this has already been posted:

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

Abandonware games.. Oregon Trail.. SimCity.. Worms.. to name a few (and Prince of Persia if I remember correctly..)

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Crystal Quest baby! I think over Winter Break, I might bust out my SE from the closet and play that stuff...Unfortunately, it never ran too well on system 7 and I think the 120 MHz processor made the software work too fast...Odd.

Anyway, yeah, that's an awesome game! The Prince of Persia games were good, better than Lode Runner, I'd say. Or at least the Lode Runner than sierra released during the times of sys 7 (came bundled with macs). Power Pete was a fun little game bundled with macs back then, too.

I also was (and still am) a big fan of SimCity 2000 & Diablo. Those were great.

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

does anyone remember a game called 'syndicate'? i think i had it on an old performa... i always liked that one

12. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

F/A-18 Hornet. I loved and still love that game. I'm waiting for the new version for OS X....:D. I remember hooking up my old Performa to my friends Duo with a serial cable to play network games. Just doesn't get any better!

13. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

The Bilestoad on the IIe was really fun to play against a friend. Actually a lot of IIe games were really good. Oregon Trail is my favorite old Mac game.

14. manitoubalck thread starter macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Never got as far as the serial cable but it's still a great game,

Any one remember 'Mac Ninja?'

Attached Files:

15. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

16. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

17. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

What about Odell Lake.. that and Oregon Trail are the ones I remember the most clearly from when I was kid.

Odell (sp?) Lake was basically a game where you were a fish eating other fish.. but you had to be careful of eating a diseased fish or biting a lure.

I can't find that one anywhere..

18. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah spectre! the marathon trilogy is my fave though.

also liked arcticfox, though that may have been an Apple // game. also for the // i loved karateka.

19. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i've checked this place out...and unfortunately they run horribly, and in os 9.

20. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

OK, Apple IIgs game, not a Mac game. . .

Silent Service

Man was that a cool submarine sim.

It's the only thing I miss about the IIgs. . .

21. howard macrumors 68020

howard

whoa, i just remembered a some really hold games on some sort of macII form either late 80s or very early 90s...

one of them was a paper airplane design game and you would test it and another was a car game that you would design and it would test it. it was SO COOL!! wow i can't believe i'm remembering these. but the best one is this game where the levels are kind of mazes....and you had to manuver past these worms or something...it was so long ago i barely remember...and you could place these thumpers to attract the worms...(ha kinda like dune now that i think about it) anyway if anyone can remember the name of this game please let me know!!!

22. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I loved Dark Castle ( I and II), Apache strike, Vette and especialy Hellcats. I thought Hellcats was a great game, but what I really like is that it came with an a copy of the planes acutal manual. I thought that was a neat gimmick. :)

23. Steradian macrumors 6502

Decent, not so old school but awesome. malestrom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Hmm well Prince of Persia 1 and 2. Uhh....maybe MARATHON! :D

24. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Power Pete!!!!! That game was priceless, take that you fiend!
    Load runner was another big one, my sis and I would do 2 player and gas the mad monks:)

25. Mark James macrumors regular

Has to be Hellcats Over The Pacific for me. The best thing about it was if you were 'working' late you could take the (rather expensive) video cards out of other people's IIfxs and tile the game across three monitors. It was madness. Did you have the Missions at Leyte Gulf, Raid? Better still. And best, *best*, was it was dead easy to ResEdit the text messages, so 'Looks like you bought the farm' became... erm... something obscene about a colleague which will be of no interest to you.

Crystal Quest good too, especially on a PB170. Just wasn't the same experience with a mouse.