Favorite Snack Infront Of Computer?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Will Curran, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

What's youre favorite snack in front of the computer, and do you use a keyboard cover to not get crumbs in your keyboard?

My snack is Goldfish... lub them.. actually I'm eating them now, but No I just bang out the crumbs out of the keyboard every once and a while I'll probably get a cover for my powerbook possibly.

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Just about anything small and sugary! In particular, I love watermelon jelly beans, red seedless grapes and fruit snacks. :)

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Mountain Dew always

either some Flamin Hot Cheetos
    Hot Stuff Potato Chips
    Tostitos
    Pringles
    or Cheezits

edit: forgot to add Ruffles and French Onion dip (duh!)

now im getting hungry

oh and i do eat some meals at my desk too, just to get away from the roomies, or finish up some work on stuff

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Anything that isn't too messy or sticky, so I don't ruin the keyboard. A good one for me is yogurt or an apple, although I'm a sucker for Hershey's Kisses!

5. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    pepperidge farm's sausilito choc chip cookies (milk chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts)

i think i have a bit of a problem with them

6. Pixeled_Apple macrumors member

Anything sweet.. i eat choc-top bars.. and jellybeans... anything that doesn't make my keyboard crumy.

7. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Just finished salmon steak (garlic & ginger) with new potatoes, mushrooms & salad (yes, while on PB).

... but usually, cold pizza (anchovies, olives) or other greasy leftovers.

I'm v-e-e-r-y careful, so don't usually get crumbs on the keyboard.

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Bagel with cream cheese on Saturday mornings... with Dunkin Donuts coffee (large, cream and sugar)... the best around. Starbucks coffee is to strong, too bitter and way too expensive, but I'll drink it ;)

9. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I don't eat with the computer since I have time to sit down, relax and enjoy my meal.
    But it happens I have a little snack, today I had coffee (ofcourse..) and some homemade apple-cake (yeah applecake suits an apple laptop...) I picked up when I by my mother earlier today.

10. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Andy Capp's chese fries things. I can't stop!

11. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

whatever soda we have laying around, and FROZEN PIZZA! W00T!

as for cleaning, I have an extremly elaborate routine. I shut everything down, take the battery out, and head downstairs. I turn on the air compressor, and hook up the small nozzle. I spray out every nook and cranny of the machine with high speed high pressure air. I then spritz the screen with lcd cleaner, and wipe it down with a lint free cloth. I spray some alchohol on the same cloth, and wipe the keyboard. Yes, I know is a bit obsessive, but Im sure Im not the only one.

12. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I'll usually have a tuna or ham and cheese sandwich with some cranberry juice or water at my computer.

Occasionally I'll have green olives.... mmm...

As for cleaning, I just use the blow end of a shop vac to get the stuff out of my keyboard.

13. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i don't usually snack at the computer but when i do it's something like cold chef boyardee pasta or tacos or candy. and a diet sunkist or lemonade.

14. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

15. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Anything sugary that wont stick to fingers and keyboards. Fall/winter fav: hot chocolate!

16. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

17. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

For me it woud be crackers and a soda pop/juice.

During the colder times I wil have hot coco. Late at night a glass of wine. During the summer a cool dark beer. Once and a while I will eat chips and other junk food. I try not to get anything on my PB and am now looking into getting a keyboard cover thingy for it.

Oh, and if I am really hungry or I just came back from a concert I will eat fish&chips from any local fast food place.

18. Poeben macrumors 6502

My favorite computer snacks are Blair's Death Rain Habanero potato chips and Snapple iced tea. Mmmmm. I lika da spicy.

19. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Chex Mix. Homemade or store-bought; either way, it's darn tasty.

20. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....mostly when I am at the computer I just have something to drink with me - water, coffee, herbal tea...some evenings it is wine or beer. If I have food near the computer it is usually just some fresh veggies - peeled baby carrots, celery sticks or some slices of long english cucumber...oh yeah!

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

those are D*** good chips! i have Blair's After Death Sauce, i use it when i make Pizza's and Chillie, makes a nice kick for plain usual food

and here i thought that no one knew about Blair's hot stuff.....

(im a spicy person too)

22. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

well i eat most of my meals in front of the computer. last drink was coffee about 5 minutes ago and i ate garlic bread about 10 pm after i came home from work.

favs are;
    - Red Wine
    - Anything i cooked, esp pasta.

23. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Food is prohibited near my computer. No crumbs will ever find it's way into my iBook, nor will stickiness find it's way onto my keyboard!!!

Drinks, however, are fully eligible to enter my computing space; sodas are particularly welcome, although water gets equal rights as well.

:)

24. brap macrumors 68000

Red wine, not a snack, but it's here damn near perpetually.

I have to say, though, when I'm using my PB food or drink is kept well clear; the Acorn keyboard on my PC would withstand nuclear holocaust and keep functioning.

25. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

hmm yes... sorry havn't had a drink in a while its kinda on the brain.

yep! try milo (my mum spilt some on it! some of the keys kept sticking down after that :D i left it in word one day without knowing that the "L" key was stuck down, it got to about 4000 pages and crashed :D )
    also red wine stains quite bad, white wine sauce is not good (a friend did that one) um somebody pried all the keys of and swopped em around lucky i can kinda touch type, its still like that. that seems about all although looking at it, seems a lot more has happened. :eek: