Favorite Starbucks Drink

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amateurmacfreak, Mar 26, 2006.

1. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Ok, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite Starbucks drink/favorite coffee drink from some cool independent coffeehouse is. :)
    So, I'm sort of a nonfat latte girl myself. Or just black coffee. :cool:

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I don't really go to Starbucks (the nearest one is like 45 minutes from my place), but I worked at a small coffeehouse in town last summer, and coming away from that, my favorite coffee drink, other than a straight double espresso, is a a Café Breve. It's essentially a latte made with half-and-half. :D

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i love caramel macchiatos, they are heaven in a cup. I don't go much because i dont like having stuff thats both that sweet and 'addictive' too often, but a treat every once in a while is a good thing :)

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

orange and chocolate? Doesn't sound very appetizing... what's it like?

5. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Black coffee. Sorry nothing exotic. Oh, and please don't screw it up by offering me "flavored" coffee. Yuck.

6. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Until last week : Cinnamon Dolce Latte... yum
    now back to : Caramel Macchiatto , the shaken passion tea lemonade is good too

Cant wait till next month when the coconut frapp will be back, there will be a new flavor too banana pina colada , hmm

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I forgot to add that any sort of flavored coffee, other than adding chocolate, makes me want to vomit.

I made so many hazelnut/almod/vanilla/rasberry/orange/mint flavored coffee drinks last summer...I don't know how people can drink that caustic stew.

[​IMG]

8. asxtb macrumors 6502

At Christmas time the Japanese Starbucks had a Creme Brele (sp?) Latte that was awesome! And just recently the Cinnamon Strussle Latte was really good.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whatever my favourite drink is, it probably tastes nothing like real coffee. :p

So you're asking us what our favourite Starbucks OR "cool independent coffeehouse" is? That's a huge contrast, no?

10. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

DrStrangelove

Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to coffee. And I can be something of a snob about it if I feel like it.

I buy beans from all over the world, only use a burr grinder and typically (19 times out of 20) use a french press to prepare.

If I had the time I'd consider roasting some of my own beans just for the experience.

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i get a Triple Venti Soy White Mocha.
    so yum.

12. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

13. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Do the serve Coca-Cola at Starbucks? If so, thats my favorite. It is my cup of coffee in the morning since I can't stand the real stuff.

14. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Dun think. :( I went in there looking for a diet coke once when I was in Toronto, and no luck. Walked out with a water, b/c I wasn't in the mood for coffee. :eek:

15. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I had the fortune of making all coffee I drank this summer with a Faema Smart S1, which makes pretty incredible espresso. It was all equal exchange fairly traded, and roasted by a company just down the road from us, and ground with a top-of-the-line infinitely adjustable conical burr grinder. Of course, none of it was mine, but the coffee was free as long as I was on the job. :D

16. amateurmacfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

17. sarae macrumors 6502

Not a big Starbucks person, but I enjoy the local indie coffeeshop. In the summer I like the mango iced tea, yum yum. In the winter it's the mint hot chocolate if I want something sweet, or a chai bomb (chai with a shot of espresso) if I need the caffeine.

18. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

:eek:

The 'Power' variety has 152g of carbs. :eek:

Talk about pancreas death.

19. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Either a venti 6-pump raspberry mocha or a venti 6-pump cinnamon dolce latte.

20. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

21. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Rock on. :D

I'm a sucker for those, as well as the Caramel Frappachino. I really wish I had an excuse to go out and get some. :)
    -Chasen

22. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

It is good but @$4.80 for that size its a like every 6 week treat :eek: :D

Its not i get that every single day :eek: :eek:

but you see my morning cup of jo' .. that'd be shocking to some ppl :eek: :D