Favorite Web Browser

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macmanny, Feb 20, 2007.

1. macmanny macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm just curious to know what your favorite web browser for the Mac and why? Also does anyone know of a site that gives a review/comparison between gecko and webkit (like different website views/functionalities between the 2, etc.)?

2. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I use Safari because it's there and does everything I need it to, competently. I tried Camino becuase I heard a lot of stuff about it but it did nothing different for me so I went back to Safari. I like firefox too, it's what I use for Windows & Linux

3. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

FireFox 2.0 99% of the time, but for the odd site that chokes I use Safari. I like the tabbing in FireFox and the several extensions I use daily for my work.... however, FireFox is a bit of a bloated resource hog sometimes, and I've noticed several glitches in the way it handles Flash (more down to the Flash plugin I suspect than the browser itself) which is irritating...

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My favorite web browser on the Mac is OmniWeb. I like these things about it:
    • Incredibly fast. Faster than Firefox or Safari.
    • Built-in ad blocking
    • Graphical tabs - no other browser I know of has this feature
    • Cookie management - a feature Firefox has, but Safari badly needs improved
    • WebCore based, so Safari updates eventually benefit OmniWeb too

As for your other question, a Google search produced some interesting results.

5. jenn221 macrumors member

jenn221

I've used Safari since the day I got it. Haven't figured out the hooplah about FireFox yet because Safari works just fine for me. I only downloaded FireFox because there was one website I wanted to go to that didn't support Safari.

6. shellbryson macrumors 6502

shellbryson

Hey, new month, new browser :)

7. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

sorry, but those "browser-threads" get really annoying.